Page 1 of 1
I cannot stop playing this game.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:42 am
by Echo
God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding.
Re: I cannot stop playing this game.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:59 am
by U2
Originally posted by Echo
God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding.
Its 2am and I'm still playing! Help!:)
Dan
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:10 am
by AlvinS
We have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:10 am
by Huskalator
Oh yeah, the "just one more turn" effect has set in big time here.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:17 am
by Raverdave
You guys should have read the warning on the side of the pack before you opened it! I know how you feel!
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:00 pm
by thantis
My wife bought a kitchen timer just to limit my game time. When she sees my on the computer playing UV she pulls out the timer, sets it for an hour, and makes sure I get off the computer when the timer goes off.

YIKES!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:10 pm
by mogami
Hi, How long do you have to stay off before you can play again?
15-20 minutes?
When you get a little older prehaps she will let you stay up later...oh wait, you said wife I was thinking Momma for some reason (LOL)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:10 pm
by Point Luck
My wife is tickled pink that I sitting in my office with my little eyes bugging out. She's gets the large screen TV, the couch and the kitchen. I get to play my game, watch the history channel and take of our new puupy KUJO (Fair Trade Ugh ).
The real problem is I have to play five or six oppnents just keep the flow of turns coming in. I'm still only getting 1-2 hours play time in a day. half of that dedicated to game managment instead of play. No where near enough to support my habit. HELP ME I NEED ANOTHER FIX
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:01 pm
by zed
These are some things I may suggest to my fellow uv-ers to help take the edge off during those times when we are unable to access our drug of choice:
1- Go over possible strategies(carry a small atlas of the area, or better yet, military maps of the area, ie West point atlas of the Pacific War)
2- Read and reread the rule book, try to memorize as much as possible
3- Reading history books about the period. (ie, Touched by Fire, Fire in the SKy, Samuri, Morisons' History of Naval operations( at least 3 volumes pertain to our game)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:15 pm
by AlvinS
I'm leaving on a weeks vacation tomorrow, so I will definitely be going through withdrawls by the end of the week.
I am carrying along a book on the campaign in the south pacific just to keep my spirits up. I guess I'll have to buy a laptop before the next vacation.

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:07 pm
by thantis
I think what got to her was going to sleep at 9pm & waking up in the middle of the night to see me still playing at 3:30 in the morning.
She was
And I was
The timer is a compromise........I can only get through about four or five turns before that stupid timer goes off and I have to stop playing.
Of course, divorce would be much more expensive......:rolleyes:
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:20 pm
by Sabre21
When I was a kid....many moons ago...we used to sneak in and set the clocks back a couple hours just to get my Dad to go to bed early...the trick was resetting the clocks after he went to bed so he wouldn't wake up at 2 in the morning...hehe. We even would go so far as get the neighbors in on this trick just in case he would call them for the time...which he did once.
So...you need to fix that timer....or set the clocks back:)
Andy
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:24 am
by MNH1862
Great Game Matrix!....I have been playing computer wargames since 1991.... I have not posted because I am enjoying this game so much....I have many games around my PC but this is the best....My wife hasn't got mad at me yet....hehehehehe....it's only a matter time... my cloaking device is working so far.....hehehehe....
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:59 am
by Caltone
"As the sound of a 1000 lb bomb crashes into the deck of Hiryu, causing the subwoofer to rumble...."
Wife: Oh you're playing
that one again? I'm going to bed.
In our 20 years of marriage my wife has bought me exactly 2 games. The first was Myst, which to this day makes a nice coaster. The other was Medal of Honor, bought for my birthday, because she knew I was sad that UV hadn't been released in time for it, even though I had sent a personal plea to Joel
Actually she's batting .500 MOH is quite a release when your best laid plans go awry.