Page 1 of 1

Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 am
by CarnageINC
I notice in my game with Red that out of 33 turns I have only lost 1 general KIA. This seems like a lopsided switch from what it was before the patch. In my previous AI games I played I averaged 1 loss every 2-3 weeks. I kind of liked the idea of generals being randomly lost. Is anyone else noticing this or is this just a freak occurrence in my game?

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 am
by 2ndACR
Shoosh, I have lost 3 in my game against Kelblau. So hush or face the wrath.[:-][:-]

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 am
by CarnageINC
How many turns was that in so far?

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:04 am
by 2ndACR
46

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:11 am
by sross
You guys on the 1.03 beta or 1.02?

I think I'm on turn 119 on 1.02 and was just looking after losing Balck. I've lost 46 generals, but the crazy part is 5 Field Marshals. The 1.03 has distance factors or something for losses, right?

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:45 am
by 2ndACR
103 beta 2

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 am
by Tarhunnas
I have an ongoing game against the AI with me playing Axis on turn 57. I have seen 3 messages where Soviet generals were KIAed, as far as I can tell connected to me attacking and retreating hexes with Soviet HQs in them. I have not lost any of my own generals, even though I frequently have HQs in hexes adjacent to enemy units. I assume I would get a message if someone is KIA, I sure don't check on them being still alive and healthy every turn.

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 am
by ComradeP
Non-frontline losses should be a rarity. I've lost 1 leader in 14 turns thus far. Leader losses should go up as more HQ's are displaced.

RE: Did leadership losses get over tweeked???

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 pm
by bwheatley
Yea thankfully they fixed the losses. Unless an HQ is bombed by air units there should be little chance that von manstein dies more then 100 miles from the front. :) Like happened in the initial release. So i'm glad they changed it.

Also glad leaders won't get fired on the german side till after christmas.