Page 1 of 1

Once Again ==> Fatal Error: Temporary version expiring 02/01/11

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:27 pm
by witpqs
Hi folks,

I just purchased Ultimate, and the download commenced from the purchase page (in case that makes a difference). I installed only Ultimate (unchecked the other 3 options). When all was done, I get this error "Fatal Error: Temporary version expiring 02/01/11" when I try to start the game.

I saw the other thread about this which says that a patch fixed it, but when I log into Matrix and look at my games it says there are no downloads available.

Here's a screen shot of the error and of the installation options:



Image

RE: Once Again ==> Fatal Error: Temporary version expiring 02/01/11

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:18 am
by cchiang
On the "PLAY Harpoon 3 Ultimate ANW" screen (The 1st screen shot you posted without the error message box)
click on Check for Update.
That did it for me.

RE: Once Again ==> Fatal Error: Temporary version expiring 02/01/11

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm
by witpqs
chciang,

Thanks - that did the trick. Of course it's totally unclear why logging directly into the website yielded "no downloads available".

Thanks again.