Page 1 of 1

The Evaporating Task Force

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:10 am
by stretch
V 3.0

First turn, I created a Air Combat TF at San Diego with the Saratoga, Colorado, and come clemson DD's. Before I actually completed the TF I clicked on the wrong thing, unfortunately I cant remember what exactly.

Now the TF is gone. None of the ships appear in the list if I "find ships". Using the editor their status is 454, which translates to Sub 4-54 but there is nothing in hex 4-54.

I have a save game with the results if anyone is interested.

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:31 am
by deVada
Hi !
Interesting. I've been playing for few years and never experienced such a problem. I'll try to do the same.
It would help me a lot to win a war as /usually/ Japanese leader if I could make allied TF's to disappear.
Greetings

/remember to save Your game every six minutes/

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:50 pm
by Howling H R Bryars
I have been playing the game since 1992 and can testify that this is a long standing bug. I don't recall exactly what the sequence is, but it is true that a misclick can send a TF into the twilight zone. I have heard that sometimes the TF is way off south on the map somewhere, or that the editor can be used to repair a game where this happens. I cannot personally verify either of those things, though.

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:50 pm
by screamer
ive got a badly needed NZ division enroute to aussieland stuck on the bottom en of them map, 3ca,1dd,6AP ,12MC

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:51 am
by stretch
Well thanks to the editor its easy enough to fix.