Page 1 of 1
Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:35 pm
by markwall06
It's unusual to select something then deselect. Also, sometimes it is difficult to locate HQ units when they are at the bottom of stacks.
My first suggestion is that when selecting a hex, units in that hex are deselected in the unit bar, and have to be selected in order to work with them.
My second suggestion is for a toggle button which just displays HQ units on the map. Clicking on the HQ will then display that HQ's subordinates on the map
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:53 pm
by heliodorus04
Your first suggestions is one of my pet peeves; I've ended up moving the wrong units a few times because of this.
Your second one is also a good one.
One of the things HoI3 got right was lines from an HQ to it's subordinates (red/blue for in out/in command range).
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:19 am
by Arkady
I second both requests
For HQ selection, try Ctrl+1 highlight command
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 pm
by jlevans
Couldn't agree more. I like the linked colored lines showing in/out of C2 also. Pops out a bit more than just highlighting the unit in red.
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:28 pm
by markwall06
It's especially true when you're zoomed in and your subordinates are not on display on your zoomed in display.
Can this be achieved?
I guess we'll have to wait and see....
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm
by RayWolfe
ORIGINAL: Arkady
For HQ selection, try Ctrl+1 highlight command
Unfortunatly that doesn't bring them to the top; it just lights up the stack.
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:54 pm
by Mynok
I must play differently than most because I rarely have to hunt for my HQs. They are normally not stacked with other units, unless they are panzer HQs deep pushing deep into enemy territory. Even then, I move them last, so the unit on top of them has almost always moved off before it is time to reposition the HQ. This should always be done last of course.
I also have no issues with the selection mechanism. Again, my units are rarely stacked together, and when they are, I'm generally wanting to select all of the for an attack. This is Axis play.
What side do most of you play, because I don't play the Soviets much. Maybe this is more of an issue with them since they have many more units to deal with. Aren't you generally moving Soviets as stacks though?
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 pm
by cookie monster
ORIGINAL: Mynok
Aren't you generally moving Soviets as stacks though?
Nope its 1941 turn 4
Im checkboarding near Smolensk,with a touch of single stack linear at the major rivers and carpet defence down near Tarnapol
RE: Suggestions for GUI changes
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 pm
by carnifex
I would prefer if a moving unit didn't autoselect all units in the destination hex. Also, when clicking on a stack, I would prefer only the top unit to be selected. I would like to be able to select all units with a double-click.