Page 1 of 2
How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:54 am
by Lehnardtsson
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 am
by alfonso
ORIGINAL: Lehnardtsson
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
mmmm, is it not possible to reduce the delay to 0 just before hitting F12?
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am
by sillyflower
ORIGINAL: alfonso
ORIGINAL: Lehnardtsson
Hi,
Playing the campaign I am not so fond in watching every attack by the computer and then having to make a pause (getting some food, goiing to the toilets etc..)
I would rather have a quick computer turn and focus on my business.
I usually prefer to just check what is really important myself instead of having to watch the whole thing.
I cannot reduce the delay to 0 because in such cases I would not see what I do.
Julien
mmmm, is it not possible to reduce the delay to 0 just before hitting F12?
yes
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm
by cookie monster
to speed up the ai turn
when you are finished with your orders press 0
zoom all the way out
click end turn
when its your next turn press 1-7 for level of combat detail you wanna see
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm
by jomni
Yeah for some reason, zooming out makes the turn faster.
Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:05 pm
by Templer_12
ORIGINAL: jomni
Yeah for some reason, zooming out makes the turn faster.
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster? [&:]
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 pm
by Helpless
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster?
Less stuff to calc and draw (CV values, detections, etc..)
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm
by arras
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 pm
by abulbulian
ORIGINAL: arras
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
If I'm understanding what this is concerning, I would try using SPACE BAR to expedite the rail movement display. Would be a little less annoying than ALT-TAB. [:'(]
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:15 pm
by arras
ORIGINAL: abulbulian
If I'm understanding what this is concerning, I would try using SPACE BAR to expedite the rail movement display. Would be a little less annoying than ALT-TAB. [:'(]
I'll try that, thanks. If it does what you understand I am concerned about, it will be indeed less annoying

Seems I should look at the shortcut table once more

RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 pm
by Fänrik Stål
ORIGINAL: arras
Not really on topic but related. How to speed rail movement of units across the USSR:
Give rail movement order to unit then ALT-TAB to another application. Wait one second. ALT-TAB back. Your unit is in destination.
I was tearing my hairs trying to rail all those reinforcements from East side to the front. Looks there is no way to speed movement which takes ages. Switching to another application and back cause train to teleport. Along with its cargo
I turned off the move animation. Did the trick for me. Now I just click on the destination hex and ZAP! they're there.[:)]
Edit: even stacks move instantaneously.
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:35 pm
by Mynok
Click Rail Move button, click units, right click destination, hit space bar. Your units will appear there instantly.
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:36 pm
by Helpless
Your units will appear there instantly.
Unless interdicted

RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 pm
by cookie monster
ORIGINAL: Helpless
Your units will appear there instantly.
Unless interdicted
Aha I have fond memories of trying to move lots of units in the south.
80% of the time they were bombed.
I'm glad it was patched out!
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:41 pm
by Templer_12
So far I've only played the "short" campaigns.
Today I started on the axis side the 1944-45 campaign.
The first turn plays the Soviet Union.
The turn requires at least 55 min ?! [X(]
That's take only as long on my system or do I have to live with such times?

RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 pm
by cookie monster
ORIGINAL: Templer
So far I've only played the "short" campaigns.
Today I started on the axis side the 1944-45 campaign.
The first turn plays the Soviet Union.
The turn requires at least 55 min ?! [X(]
That's take only as long on my system or do I have to live with such times?
What are you computer specs?
RAM and processor?
Message Settings?
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm
by Templer_12
Windows XP
Pentium IV 3 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology
2.75 GB RAM
Video card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1024 MB
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
Massage Setting = 0
55 min. That was a painful surprise.
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 pm
by cookie monster
Well that sounds ok
I have run the game in that time period on my laptop with no problems
The laptop is of less power than your computer
Did you have alot of other applications open at the same time?
Are you computer maintenance tasks up to date?
RE: How to fasten computer's turn?
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:07 pm
by Templer_12
There are not so much applications runnig at the same time and all maintenance tasks are up to date.
So I have to live with it.
OK if I know now it's not up to my system.
But there will come long days! [:(]
RE: Zooming out makes the turn faster. Why?
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:59 am
by Templer_12
ORIGINAL: Helpless
Now can someone tell me why zooming out makes the turn faster?
Less stuff to calc and draw (CV values, detections, etc..)
So to clarify: If I minimize the game to the taskbar then it should turn fastest? [&:]