Page 1 of 1
Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am
by Sun Tempest
I would like to know what's the weekly average for turns over PBEM, especially in case of two-days turns.
Thank you
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 am
by Chickenboy
Totally depends on your partner(s), Sun Tempest. I'm sure there are those out there that can flip multiple turns daily, while others may only be able to get off one every other or every third day.
The only thing I'd add would be to clarify that a 2x2 PBEM would likely have a slower turn around time than a 1 vs. 1 PBEM-fewer cooks in the broth and all that.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 am
by Matto
I have experience from WitP and 2x2 PBEM play, where we played until winter 44-45 and in real live we played it four and half year (2days/turn) ... so it is about two turns per week
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am
by Itdepends
1 turn per day- occassionaly drop one and it takes 2 days when real life intrudes. Playing 1 day turns
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 am
by Oldguard1970
It absolutely depends on you and your partner(s). I am in a PBEM that is in its third real year of play. We are in the middle of Feb 1942! My partner and I celebrated a great month in Jan 2011. He managed to get TWO turns done! We were all fired up to try to do THREE turns this February, but (sigh) he hasn't been able to send any turns so far.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:48 am
by invernomuto
On average, 5 turns a week, playing 1 day turns.
Bye
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 pm
by LST Express
A turn a day during the week and maybe 3-5 turns on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes less, playing one day turns.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 pm
by kaleun
Playing three games.
On one, during the work week, depending on what work I am actually doing, 2-3 turns a day. sometimes 4 or 5 if I work a 24 hr shift during the weekend. We are in June 44.
Second game, chronicled in "Muddling along" one turn a day during workweek, maybe one during the weekend. I find it harder to play with the wife around. Game is now in July 42.
Third game, playing Japanese, two or three turns during the work week, one or two at the most on weekends. It is now Dec 26 41.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:25 pm
by seille
Usually one per week day and 2-3 on saturday/sunday.
One game, 1 day turns.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 pm
by 5thGuardsTankArmy
Me and my game partner kick out an avverage of 5 turns pr week day and 15-20 rounds pr weekend (Freiday to Sunday eve)!!
The contract of the game says minimum 2 pr day, but in practical terns we do an avverage of 5 pr day.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 pm
by Nikademus
I'm like the vitamin.....One-A-Day.
(if i'm lucky)
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm
by Brady
Two games:
1 @ 1 a day, small game
1 @ aprox 2 a day, Big game
(both are single day turns.)
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm
by bradfordkay
In my PBEM we are averaging one turn a day. Sometimes we both have the same day off and the weather is bad so we knock out 3 or 4 turns. Other times one or both of us have something else going on and we get no turns in.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 am
by mike scholl 1
Sonny II and I completed a game of AE with an average of over 2 turns a day even including some vacations and other interruptions. Of course the fact that we are both retired and single probably helped a lot. [:D][:D][:D]
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 am
by Misconduct
I am currently playing 2 games, both are about one turn per two days, we do have a vacation "house rule" in both games, one game is 1 on 1 and second game is between 5 of my office workers, my 2nd game opponent runs the allies and I am Japanese in both games. So far the "vacation" house rule has been quite nice.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm
by beppi
In my PBEM we have the fixed rule of 1 turn a day which except for very few occasions has never be broken. Quite often we even do 3-4 turns a day in the evening as we both are in the same timezone. So on average i would estimate that we have 2 - 2,5 turns a day.
I see it as respect for my opponent to always keep the agreed minimum of 1 turn a day, and even in vacation it is possible to do a quick turn where no important things happen.
RE: Frequency of turns
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm
by Sun Tempest
ORIGINAL: 5thGuardsTankArmy
Me and my game partner kick out an avverage of 5 turns pr week day and 15-20 rounds pr weekend (Freiday to Sunday eve)!!
The contract of the game says minimum 2 pr day, but in practical terns we do an avverage of 5 pr day.
5 turns per day, with Japan[&:] How much you spend to prepare a turn?
I would like to have your free time[&o]