Page 1 of 1

Further Improvements?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 pm
by PaulWRoberts
What's the state of this game now? I know that it has been praised for the detail and blasted for the interface. Have patches made major improvements? Are more improvements coming? Does the game have legs like WitP and WitE?

This isn't a "where's the patch??" post so much as a question about the state of the game and what's planned for the future.

RE: Further Improvements?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm
by harley
Hi, Paul...

I hate posts like these. I've been working on the patch for a very long time. It's slow work as I'm the only coder on it, and I've got a full-time job and full-time family. I do what I can, when I can.

I haven't resolved the raid planning ergonomics yet, but I have completely re-engineered the production interface, though the testers just found a bug in it which is fixed but untested.

I can't give a timeline, so thanks for not asking "where is it?"

RE: Further Improvements?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 pm
by bigmilt
Thanks Harley.

RE: Further Improvements?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm
by PaulWRoberts
ORIGINAL: harley

Hi, Paul...

I hate posts like these. I've been working on the patch for a very long time. It's slow work as I'm the only coder on it, and I've got a full-time job and full-time family. I do what I can, when I can.

I haven't resolved the raid planning ergonomics yet, but I have completely re-engineered the production interface, though the testers just found a bug in it which is fixed but untested.

I can't give a timeline, so thanks for not asking "where is it?"

Thank you for the hard work, and I certainly wasn't trying to nag.

I guess I could have put my question better by asking "How far has the game come since release, and where is it going (time permitting)?"

Thanks again.

RE: Further Improvements?

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:25 pm
by Zorch
Harley,

Can we bribe you about the job or family? :-)

Many thanks!