Page 1 of 4
Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:58 am
by guctony
I have a suggestion.
Would forum Moderators would allow Imperial and Allies guild Treads.
A locked tread for players who prefer to play only one side of the war. I myself find that I would never play allied side of the game. Its totally personal approach regarding I found much more romance in IJN planes and capital ships. If USA had produced something like Yamato or, Zero, or BB conversion or I-400 I would gladly play it. also I cant imagine myself without putting confusion to Imperial production.
Such a guild would probably encourage team play in the long run. Also sometimes I suspect alot of player doesnt like to share their secret tactic in public.
Has anyone else would interest in such a Guild
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 pm
by DuckofTindalos
This is not World of WarCrap. If you don't want to share your brilliant gameplay, then you just don't.[8|]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm
by Canoerebel
If the Axis had developed cool weapons like the P-38, B-29, Hobart's Funnies, Mulberries, LCI, LST, etc., I might consider playing as the Axis.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 pm
by Nikademus
you can create whatever clubs you want. But the forum software won't allow restricted or passworded threads. One can't do that with AAR's either. It runs on a trust system.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 pm
by guctony
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
you can create whatever clubs you want. But the forum software won't allow restricted or passworded threads. One can't do that with AAR's either. It runs on a trust system.
Oki doki just asking...

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm
by CV 2
ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
If the Axis had developed cool weapons like the P-38, B-29, Hobart's Funnies, Mulberries, LCI, LST, etc., I might consider playing as the Axis.
Umm, the LST was first developed and used by Japan. The Japanese started experimenting with LSTs in 1938 whereas the allies didnt until after Dunkirk.
Note Conways page 214. Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_class_landing_ship
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_Ship,_Tank
The ME-262 wasnt "cooler" than the P-38? The Ar-234 (jet bomber with a 1100 mile range) wasnt as "cool" as a B-29? LCI is basically a smaller version of the LST, at least in concept.
So, ready for your axis game?
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm
by Canoerebel
You need a glass of milk and some cookies. Relax. I wasn't comparing Allied weapons against Axis weapson, but rather pointing out that the Allies came up with plenty of cool stuff too. The point being that neither side had a monopoly on ingenuity.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:10 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
I wasn't comparing Allied weapons against Axis weapson, but rather pointing out that the Allies came up with plenty of cool stuff too. The point being that neither side had a monopoly on ingenuity.
Agreed. I'm led to believe that that atom bomb thingy was kind of clever too.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm
by stuman
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Canoerebel
I wasn't comparing Allied weapons against Axis weapson, but rather pointing out that the Allies came up with plenty of cool stuff too. The point being that neither side had a monopoly on ingenuity.
Agreed. I'm led to believe that that atom bomb thingy was kind of clever too.
Whats so complicated, you take an atom, split it in two, and bingo !
Now THIS was a complicated weapon :
http://thesamuelchenrant.blogspot.com/2 ... art-2.html
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:08 am
by Big B
I remember guys talking about a wind cannon in High School - but it only took a Bic lighter and enough beer consumption....pretty low tech.[:'(]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:12 am
by Cap Mandrake
If the Axis had developed cool weapons like the P-38, B-29, Hobart's Funnies, Mulberries, LCI, LST, etc., I might consider playing as the Axis.
Japanese LST's were WAAAAY better than Allied LST's...too bad the tanks were so crappy so they couldn't find anyone to ride on the things
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:43 pm
by Sardaukar
ORIGINAL: Terminus
This is not World of WarCrap. If you don't want to share your brilliant gameplay, then you just don't.[8|]
What Terminus said. And to reinforce the message:
This is not World of WarCrap.
Guild? [:D][:D]
This sort of game does not do well with guilds, sects or other crapola. There are AFBs, JFBs and such, but no freaking guilds!
So, I think this is what I think of this idea:

RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:01 pm
by AW1Steve
OK, now that you've been appropraitely "spanked"[:D] guctony , you might want to reconsider your proposal. Instead of a "guild" or secret organization , how about simply running a couple of open threads on such things as "opening moves for AFB's or JFB's"? You'll probably find a multitude of them already , so maybe you might herd them together into a thread of each. If you look at the original Vanilla WITP you'll find several poetential templates there. [:)]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 pm
by CV 2
Sounds like some people have "issues"...
Maybe they had an orc baby sitter when they were youngins [:D]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:32 pm
by AW1Steve
Come on, be nice! [:D] he's taken his beatings, now instead of "more piling on" let's try and be constructive. [:-] I'm sure he's learned his lesson about reaction that "The world of Warcraft" gets around here! (A bloody stone would learn from the reaction you guys had![:D]). Now let's come up with some constructive suggestions for this "youngster" to use some of his spare time to contribute to the forum. [:)]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:48 pm
by CV 2
[:D]
I wasnt talking about the OP, I was talking about the others. The concept of "guilds" or "message boards for 1 side" far outdates MMRPGs. I was a tester for Control Datas home Plato system back in 1978-80 (Bill Norris of CDC really screwed the pooch there, CDC could OWN the internet right now if they had listened to us "HPs" and "Zbrats" (home Platos and execs kids), but thats another topic).
The Plato system was like a mini - internet (this is back in the late 70s remember). They had games, educational stuff, pretty much everything the internet has now except MP3 files and videos. There was this game on it called "Empire". It was based on Star Trek and had 4 empires (Federation, Romulans, Kazari - couldnt use the word "Klingon" because apparently that was the only word in all of Star Trek at the time that was copyrighted - and Orions vying for control of the galaxie. It kept track of your kill, wins ect (was a statisticians wet dream actually). And each "team" had their own private message board.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:37 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: CV 2
Sounds like some people have "issues"...
Maybe they had an orc baby sitter when they were youngins [:D]
My issues are with cretins like you, Yamato Hugger.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:05 pm
by guctony
I guess word "Guild" has some heavier meaning then I know In translated form of my native language. As also I had never played any off the warcrap games so I did not have any idea they were so banished from the Witp EA realm.
Still isn't there some form of mist over some subject matter as players not very open to discuss their specific tactics while they have Pbem opponents in the same forum.
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:34 pm
by AW1Steve
Not really. Sometimes a poster will ask (usually in AAR's) that "would So + So not read this". That's more of a courtesey thing. Another problem with your proposal is what would you do with a player like me that plays both sides? (That is in any scenario but the grand scenario...that's not a problem with playing Japan--that's fun. It's playing "production in the Pacific" that I don't do!). [:D]
RE: Imperial and Allies guild proposal
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:48 pm
by CV 2
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: CV 2
Sounds like some people have "issues"...
Maybe they had an orc baby sitter when they were youngins [:D]
My issues are with cretins like you, Yamato Hugger.
Sounds like a personal attack to me. How many warnings do YOU get on this?