Shortland = BlackHole for "S" boats
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:36 pm
This has happened to my US "S" class submarines repeatedly, now in TWO different games, so I feel compelled to report it.
Each time I send an "S" boat to patrol in the Japanese held Shortland base hex a strange thing happens. The turn after it arrives, with no combat activity reported, it's fuel and endurance drop to 0 (zero). This doesn't seem to happen to Gato class boats, or at any other "dangerous" hex such as Rabaul or even Truk.
Both games are PBEM affairs , version 1.11, scenarios 16 & 17.
Has anyone else seen this?
Each time I send an "S" boat to patrol in the Japanese held Shortland base hex a strange thing happens. The turn after it arrives, with no combat activity reported, it's fuel and endurance drop to 0 (zero). This doesn't seem to happen to Gato class boats, or at any other "dangerous" hex such as Rabaul or even Truk.
Both games are PBEM affairs , version 1.11, scenarios 16 & 17.
Has anyone else seen this?