Page 1 of 1
windows 7
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:33 am
by panzers
Can I buy it now for windows 7? The old version will not work. I want to buy the new updated version if I can.
RE: windows 7
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:08 pm
by mbar
I'm running AWD in Windows 7. It works fine after you create a folder named "save" in C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\dat.
RE: windows 7
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 pm
by Deadfish59
I set up the folder, and have unable to save. I get the error unable able to save into slot (name I gave when promted) I have not been able to play. Any ideas, please?
RE: windows 7
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 am
by Wargamer74
Make sure your updated to the 1.040 patch. It seems that the image on both the download and cd image is missing the save folder. I bought the game back in 07 and never had this problem so it must be an issue with the newer released cd's. Hopefully matrix will correct it.
RE: windows 7
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:02 am
by Deadfish59
I have upgraded to the newest pacthed, but how do I double chech in game? The game was downloaded, not installed from disc.
Many Thanks
RE: windows 7
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:51 am
by Deadfish59
To be clear: the games runs, but I choose not to play as I am unable to save. I really want to play and invest some time in some games. Hopefully there is an easy fix.
RE: windows 7
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:13 am
by Wargamer74
When you create the save folder are you placing it in the dat folder? Also for me I play on Vista 64 bit and turn off user account control. UAC can cause issues with older games that don't have the proper administrative privileges.
RE: windows 7
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:27 am
by Deadfish59
Save folder in dat. That's the ticket.
Thanks again.