Page 1 of 1

Japanese freighters vs. Allied subs surface combat

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:48 pm
by Alpha77
I am sure that this has come up in the past, but would like to know if newer patches ( I play older v.) changed this a bit ?

It seems Jap AKs and other AUx ships are quite good at hitting subs at night in the middle of the ocean with 8cm/12cm guns mostly. I have not seen any allied ship do this (but it may be that Jap subs generally don“t attack on the surface and they also do not target Aux ships as 1st priority).

I checked the stats of these ships they seem to be not much better then Allied Aux.

This is not a complaint, but a request for info why it is so in the game. Or it was noted already and changed in newer versions. Also I do rarely (if ever) lose a sub to this guns but they prevent attacks as well do serious damage. Which is ok, as this was the task of guns on freighters in reality but not this often and acurate hitting, maybe these guns and crews were mucg better than the ones used in real Navy ships [:'(] ([&:])....

RE: Japanese freighters vs. Allied subs surface combat

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm
by Kaletsch2007
Had a japs' sub sunk by gunfire of a RN Troopship of the coast of Cylon by gunfire !