Page 1 of 1

FW 190 A

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 pm
by a7v
Yesterday, when I visited the first wine festival of the year in the palatinate area, the "Mandelblütenfest" in Gimmeldingen (US guys: it ist located about 30 km east of Ramstein base...) I suddenly heard a roaring sound above me and when I looked up, I saw a plane about 200m above me which was clearly a flying FW 190 A. (and yes, I still was sober[;)] )
It made a turn and dissapeared before I could ready my camera[:(]. The plane was light grey and had the german cross below the wings but no other visible markings I was able to recognize.
I know that there a a couple of flyable remakes but never saw one in our area.
Is there anyone among the knowledgeable people on this forum who knows where the plane might come from?

Sincerely

Rainer

RE: FW 190 A

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm
by sven
http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=18

Frankly I'd like to see a kevlar or graphite based p-39 with properly turbocharged powerplant just to see what it could have done.

RE: FW 190 A

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:29 pm
by a7v
Thank you for the link[:)]

Sincerely

Rainer

RE: FW 190 A

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:20 pm
by sven
ORIGINAL: A7V_U

Thank you for the link[:)]

Sincerely

Rainer
Happy to help....

RE: FW 190 A

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 am
by Capt. Harlock
Frankly I'd like to see a kevlar or graphite based p-39 with properly turbocharged powerplant just to see what it could have done.

Until that time, check out the performance of the P-63 Kingcobra. (The Soviets loved it.)