Page 1 of 1
SP:WaW on CD?
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:21 am
by CamTheJagMan
I'm a university student but I don't have a high speed Internet connection anymore after leaving the dorms, and I can't tie up the phone line for hours and hours and hours downloading this game. I'm a huge fan of the SP series and I play SP3 almost daily, but I've yet to get into WaW because of my inability to download it or to have one of my friends succesfully put the game onto a CD for me. If anyone could give me any leads on how I can get a functional CD copy of this game I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:03 am
by Supervisor
Welcome abaord. The easiest way is to purchase a MegaCampaign from the Matrix store, Each comes with a complete version of SPWAW included on the CD, MCNA Desert Fox comes with ver 5.x and Operation Watchtower and Lost Victories both come with ver 7.0 included on them. I'm sure some good samaritan will offer to burn you a plan copy also though.
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:50 am
by Redleg
I second that. If we all purchased a M/C, we would all have the game on CD and Matrix would have more proceeds to invest in future ventures. We would all WIN.
Here Here!!!
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:33 pm
by Orzel Bialy
I third that motion.
MegaCampaigns are a must in my book. As Gmenfan and Redleg stated....they are terrific to play, the provide you with a hard copy of the game and lay the foundation for bigger and better Matrix titles to be produced!
What more could you ask for?
Oh yeah, almost forgot! Welcome to the forum...it's good to see more and more new faces arriving daily.
ps.....you might want to figure in at least a .25 drop in the GPA due to lost study time!

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:11 pm
by CamTheJagMan
Originally posted by gmenfan
Welcome abaord. The easiest way is to purchase a MegaCampaign from the Matrix store, Each comes with a complete version of SPWAW included on the CD, MCNA Desert Fox comes with ver 5.x and Operation Watchtower and Lost Victories both come with ver 7.0 included on them. I'm sure some good samaritan will offer to burn you a plan copy also though.
Buying an MC during the regular school year would definitely be an option. Uncle Sam likes to give me lots of money to go to school, but during the summertime I'm on as tight of a shoe string budget as I can possibly imagine. One more year and I'm done with all of this though

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:17 pm
by RamBear
Originally posted by Redleg
I second that. If we all purchased a M/C, we would all have the game on CD and Matrix would have more proceeds to invest in future ventures. We would all WIN.
Hmm.. you're forgetting the fact why I don't buy MC's at all.. they cost TOO MUCH! I wouldn't consider it "winning" if we first spend 1000 bucks on "original" MC's and then they'd make even more.. and we'd spend more! Wohoo! 3000 bucks spent on simple campaigns.. does that sound like winning?
It would be nice to try a MC for once.. but I don't want to pay for "trying", they could make a small "demo" MC (Free of charge)

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:34 am
by Belisarius
Originally posted by RamBear
It would be nice to try a MC for once.. but I don't want to pay for "trying", they could make a small "demo" MC (Free of charge)
Have you given the free campaigns that comes with SP:WAW a try?
If you like those, you're very likely to enjoy a MC. The MC's are like ordinary campaigns but MUCH MUCH bigger, MUCH more immersive and detailed. uh.. but that you knew

Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:29 pm
by RamBear
Originally posted by Belisarius
Have you given the free campaigns that comes with SP:WAW a try?
If you like those, you're very likely to enjoy a MC. The MC's are like ordinary campaigns but MUCH MUCH bigger, MUCH more immersive and detailed. uh.. but that you knew
Yes, I like the normal campaigns and I've understood that MC's are more unlinear.. but still I consider it "buying a pig in the bag"
Re: SP:WaW on CD?
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:21 am
by CamTheJagMan
Originally posted by CamTheJagMan
I'm a university student but I don't have a high speed Internet connection anymore after leaving the dorms, and I can't tie up the phone line for hours and hours and hours downloading this game. I'm a huge fan of the SP series and I play SP3 almost daily, but I've yet to get into WaW because of my inability to download it or to have one of my friends succesfully put the game onto a CD for me. If anyone could give me any leads on how I can get a functional CD copy of this game I would greatly appreciate it.
So...are there any takers on arranging for a copy for poor (literally) little me.
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:06 pm
by Jim1954
Send me a private email with your particulars and I'll see what I can do. I have MCNA and MCLV.