Page 1 of 1
Hola!
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:41 pm
by maniacalmonkey
Just figured I might as well introduce myself as I'll probably be bugging you all with questions soon enough
I've just installed and played SP:WAW a few days ago and have only now stopped for a quick bite to eat, cup of coffee and a shave. Man that game is addictive. Go to bed at 5 am and dream of hexagons... I haven't played CivIII for THREE WHOLE DAYS! It took quite some time to figure out how the game works - I think the interface could use a wee bit of work - but I think I have most of it down now so I can actually start worrying about tactics. The only creative solution I've made so far was discovering that, on the Utah Beach scenario, 105mm Howitzers make short work of cemented fortifications when used as direct fire weapons. BOOM!
See you on the boards,
--MM
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:18 pm
by Resisti
Hi and welcome onboard!
Always good to see new people in here.
You're right abt the graphic interface, but keep in mind that (besides it's free...), spwaw game engine is very old and Matrix has really outdone theirselves on this.
Everything you can think abt, and it is not available in Spwaw, you'll find it in new Matrix game Combat Leader, which should hopefully be out within the year(not sure, tough).
Please visit here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/Games/Combat ... /index.asp
and here:
forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=15
for any relevant info on the game.
I've one suggestion, too, for you:
change your signature..
"MM" is a trademark of our well know veteran Bryan "MarauderMel" Melvin: you know how senior members are jealous about their signature

Welcome
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:19 pm
by Gary Tatro
Happy four of July. It's a great and addicting game. You have been warned.
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:09 pm
by Warrior
Welcome!
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:15 pm
by Afrika Korps
Welcome aboard! LOL! I am a newbie to this game too...and already totally addicted!
**** ruskies...gonna squash a few with my King Tigers later....I owe them for a draw game the other night (stupid partisans!)
==========
Doom
Welcome to the Jungle...
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:25 pm
by Orzel Bialy
Mx2....(see didn't have to use MM)
The game is everything you and the others have posted here on this thread...pretty well summed up with the word "terrific". The word can also be used to describe the people you will meet here too.
If you ever have questions, this forum is the place to check out. There is an absolute treasure-chest of information and knowledge residing here....as well as excellent 'home-made" scenarios and willing Pbem's candidates.
Look forward to seeing you on the boards...maybe even on the field of battle! Welcome once again.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:23 pm
by maniacalmonkey
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Thanks for the heads-up on MM - actually I use this signature a lot on a CivIII board where I am a senior member - lol.
How's this:
- M2
Aaah, Russians... Come feed the Tiger...
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:49 pm
by Supervisor
And again Welcome aboard.
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:53 am
by VikingNo2
M2, would that make you M4's baby brother?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:08 am
by Goblin
2M, or not 2M? Anyways, HULLO! Welcome aboard. You should go to my thread in the Hall of Fame, 'Screen Names'!
Then go over to Opponents Wanted, and let the real lessons begin...
