Page 1 of 1
Rail Icon Question
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:42 pm
by Dietrich1941
What does he green icon with 3 white dots represent? These lines have been repaired but will not allow troop trains to use them. Are they still delivering supply?
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:43 pm
by JAMiAM
They are repaired, but not currently connected to your rail net.
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:56 pm
by Dietrich1941
Funny, for two turns I could rail right up to them and no further. On the third turn the dots disappeared and they were fully operational. There was no break or partisan activity so no idea why that was. So that means they were not carrying supply foward to the railhead either?
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:58 pm
by Mynok
Yes. Sounds to me like you missed a curve somewhere and some construction battalions got it for you?
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 am
by Dietrich1941
I would agree except that I railed right up to Novgorod from the reinforcement hex near Koenigsberg (all solid green). The three hexes going north were repaired but each included these three white dots, which would not allow further rail movement despite rail movement points remaining. We'll see if it happens again.
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm
by findmeifyoucan
While we are talking about rail repair? Everything is running smoothly and come game turn 4 about 7 hexes east of Riga I move my RR unit into a small town with 4 movement pnts left and it will not repair the rail line?? It will not allow me to with any amount of mvmnt pts. Why, I captured this area like on game turn 2. Grrrrrrrrr. There are no enemy units within at least 10 hexes of this place.
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 pm
by findmeifyoucan
The town I am having difficulty with in repairing the rail hex in is Valmera
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:15 pm
by JAMiAM
Without seeing a screenshot, I would say that you reached the distance from railhead limit. It's 6 hexes for the Baltic States. If you started with 16 MPs, then converted 6 hexes at a cost of 1+1 cost entered, then that would add up correctly.
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:20 pm
by Scook_99
One thing I have noticed and not mentioned, if my RR repair unit hits a supply of 0%, he stops fixing rails, no matter what the distance to a rail head may be. I am guessing they run out of track to lay. I find my RR unit going through the Baltic on turn 4 or 5 runs out of supply in almost every game I play. I am thinking it's a) fixing rails in the Baltic uses supply faster, and b) it's the way I move and use him so he runs out of supply the same way each game.
RE: Rail Icon Question
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 am
by CommC
My RR repair unit has run out of supply, but still keeps repairing for 6 hexes as it was before it ran out of supplies. Is this a bug?