Page 1 of 1

SPWAW:problem with moving units

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:17 pm
by Jacko
I noticed that sometimes tanks or other units, although in perfectly good health, can't be moved forward, but only backwards. Is there a reason for this and how can it be solved?
I appologize in advance for any stupid questions, but I would like to master this game asap.

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:37 pm
by Resisti
You're surely playing with C&C (Command & Control) preference ON.
When this preference is set on you need to spend "orders points" to move your units in a different direction than the one set at the beginning of the game (or preset by scenario designer).
For all the rules concerning C&C, pls refer to the game manual.
Try to go on the preference screen and turn C&C off, then come back to the battlefield and check: you'll see your "problem" is no more there..

Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:03 pm
by Jacko
Yes, that's it, thanks Resisti! I will start by reading the game manual more thoroughly.

Reading the Manual

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:19 pm
by Stefdragon
An old saying in the hardware and software biz:
"When all else fails.....read the instructions".

Good Luck!

:)

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:23 pm
by Jacko
Point already taken, dragon. Thanks anyway ;)

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:15 pm
by Supervisor
Yeah but real men don't read instructions.

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:08 pm
by chief
Or by the time you get to page 200+ in the manual you forgot what's on page three, or is that senility?:D :cool:

Real Men

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:52 am
by Stefdragon
I've heard it's supposed to be that Real Men don't ask for directions when lost. Why that is I don't know. I have never heard of any connection between manuals and machismo however. :)

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:05 am
by Supervisor
We don't ask for any help in regards to directions whether it's instructions and or map related and we don't eat quiche either.

Real Men

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:26 am
by Stefdragon
Hey, I'll bet a dollar that you drink Budweiser, smoke Marlboro's, and watch all the pro sports games on TV.

My shrink once asked me, "How do you feel about women?".
I was completely honest, I said, " Well I usually start with my hands around the waist......"

Thanks for your help in my DOS post. Please check it again.
I have no sound, but I think I know why. I left the details on that thread. I just don't know exactly how to fix it.

:)

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:10 am
by Supervisor
Don't smoke or drink, I never heard that was being part of the real man psychy.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:48 am
by Kanda'
Greetings...

Only amongst other real men...

Chivas regal, Roll My own, think sports on TV is a complete waste of time better spent popping russian tanks and plotting stuka missions... And I make a a really mean Jalapeno Quiche...

Kanda'

Man

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:54 pm
by Stefdragon
Originally posted by Kanda'
Greetings...

Only amongst other real men...

Chivas regal, Roll My own, think sports on TV is a complete waste of time better spent popping russian tanks and plotting stuka missions... And I make a a really mean Jalapeno Quiche...

Kanda'

Just noticed your post...

Chardonnay, Roll my own, Ditto on the TV Sports thing vs. watching "Tigers" burning in the snow. I think a lot of guys are into or hooked on the gambling aspect of TV sports.

I love to gamble....poker with my friends....just about any card game.....backgammon (no cube), based on my skill/luck.

I would not put my money down on the basis of a third party's
skill, I.E.- Pro Sports.

Okay, I confess to occasionally betting $10 or $20 against a friend when it's a NY team in any sport, who is in the playoffs or finals.

Go NY...go, go!

:)