Page 1 of 2
PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 am
by sillyflower
Is it down? It won't let me save and send a PBEM game
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 am
by fiva55
Same for me, just finished the turn, but was unable to send it. The lobby shows that it is my opponents turn though, so we will see if I lost the turn.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 am
by sillyflower
same with me I have noticed tho' luckily only a road to L game not your impressive '42 GC.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:50 am
by Belphegor
I'll add my name to the list of unfortunates.
What does happen in this case?
I really don't want to redo the turn, and I don't have any way of communicating with this opponent. SF, your turn is coming, but I'm not going to finish it until this is resolved. [;)]
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 am
by gids
same

RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:13 am
by gids
hmmm what happens if it say "lost turn"?does it mean your units are in the same place before you moved them and its his turn again?if so im screwed because im in turn 3 of GC as soviets
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm
by 76mm
same here; hopefully it at least sent the partially-complete turn that I'd saved previously. This kind of thing is a huge turn off for the server games. I tried over and over and over to send it, and was not given a choice to simply cancel the send--only to try to resave (unsuccessful) or abandon (at which point it was my opponent's turn). This seems like a pretty rudimentary issue that should not have occurred in the first place.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:44 pm
by gids
well this is my first try with the servers....gives me confidence in them
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:30 pm
by Jajusha
It happened in my oponents turn (he had this same error), but i got the turn just OK. Error showing up for me now...
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:05 pm
by sillyflower
ORIGINAL: Belphegor
SF, your turn is coming, but I'm not going to finish it until this is resolved. [;)]
Cluck cluck B, but I would do the same [:'(]. I let it go in another game and it seems to be in the hands of my Aussie opponent. Don't know what he got though....but it's only R2L and he's getting nowhere anyway so I can afford to skip a turn
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm
by sillyflower
I did a turn straight thru' and have emailed my opponent to ask him what he got . All or nothing

but I can afford the loss.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm
by Belphegor
please post any results. If this is just a 'ghost' and the games are going through fine I'd like to know.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm
by fiva55
I can confirm that the games are going through fine, though watching my turn almost makes me wish it didn't....
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:45 pm
by squatter
ORIGINAL: Jajusha
It happened in my oponents turn (he had this same error), but i got the turn just OK. Error showing up for me now...
Same thing just happened with me and my opponent.
My last game using the servers.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 pm
by squatter
Oh, by the way:
I'm about to report a suspected bug that's coincided with the server message, which is: HQs are not sending SUs to help in DEFENSIVE battles.
Would be interested if that's happening to anyone else.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 pm
by Jajusha
ORIGINAL: squatter
Oh, by the way:
I'm about to report a suspected bug that's coincided with the server message, which is: HQs are not sending SUs to help in DEFENSIVE battles.
Would be interested if that's happening to anyone else.
Soviet Leaders are so dreadfully bad that im amazed when SU units are called into defensive battles... better have a german player test it instead.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 pm
by runyan99
ORIGINAL: Belphegor
please post any results. If this is just a 'ghost' and the games are going through fine I'd like to know.
Looks to me like turns processed ok, but the notification failed.
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:39 am
by sillyflower
my turn did in fact go through OK so maybe his is a ghost in the machine
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:18 am
by gids
same it says sending failed but turn was ok it seems
RE: PBEM SERVER BROKEN?
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 am
by Mehring
same here
and I get this strange combat result
