Page 1 of 1

Virus checher do not like secure PBEM?

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 11:43 am
by JR
I am playing my first PBEM game now. I tried to start it as a secure game, but when I was entering the password for the first time, the virus checher issued a warning, claiming that the program tried to infect som file. I have no reason to assume that there really are a virus, but my signature file is rather olds, so I can not be sure.

Anyone having a clue on this? Image

JR

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 12:01 pm
by Tankhead
When playing the game you should shut down everything except explorer and systray. You don't need any other program to run the game plus you get more resources.
Hope this helps

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2000 12:13 pm
by JR
Originally posted by Tankhead:
When playing the game you should shut down everything except explorer and systray. You don't need any other program to run the game plus you get more resources.
Hope this helps

Tankhead

I do realise that if i turn of my virus checker it will not bother me, but do you think that the problem my be a result of SPWAW interfering with some other program?

Before I turn of the virus checker I need to know if it is normal that SPWAW does things that triggers the virus checker, or if is somethong naugthy going on here.

JR


Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2000 2:33 am
by Tankhead
Hello JR!

I've tried it with my virus program and other program running with no problem to report.
Maybe you should do a good scan disk and a defrag on your hard drive and see if it still occurs. What are you running for OS on your computer.

Tankhead

------------------
Rick Cloutier rcclout@telusplanet.net
Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources
http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout