Page 1 of 1
Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:25 am
by cmdrnarrain
So what makes this update "Major"? It looks like just another list of bugs have been fixed, as opposed to the 10 other updates which have fixed bugs?
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 am
by J HG T
This is "official" 1.5.0.8 patch when all the 1.5.0.X patches have been "beta" patches. Yep, it kinda feels weird as the beta patches don't feel very "beta" in regards how stable they are.
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:00 pm
by Data
For those of us who didn't take the "riskier" path of beta patches this one is major
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:26 pm
by Shuul
Data is right, as im not using beta patches this update is major for me.
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:15 pm
by Sithuk
I have the latest beta patch. Is there any need to patch the the latest "major" patch?
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 am
by adecoy95
ORIGINAL: Sithuk
I have the latest beta patch. Is there any need to patch the the latest "major" patch?
it couldn't hurt, unless you have a save game you want to finish.
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:11 am
by J HG T
You shoudn't have any problems with saves if you patch from 1.5.0.8 BETA to official 1.5.0.8. Worked just fine for me.
Off-topic: Gotta love the new My Little Ponies looks. Space Ponies!
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 am
by adecoy95
Off-topic: Gotta love the new My Little Ponies looks. Space Ponies!
indeed!
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:25 am
by Chet Guiles
I had a game running in 1.508beta that worked without incident when I installed the 1.508 patch. Looked for it in the 1.508 folder.
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:07 pm
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: adecoy95
ORIGINAL: Sithuk
I have the latest beta patch. Is there any need to patch the the latest "major" patch?
it couldn't hurt, unless you have a save game you want to finish.
I always go ahead and patch up with the official when its released just in case there were any minor changes from the beta. There probably aren't, but never hurts to err on the safe side.
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 pm
by gijas17
What are the major changes in the 1.508 patch? I've been away from DW for awhile and just bought the ROTS expansion. I read that there were some major changes to the AI in the game. Was the option to select the AI game behavior in the older versions of the expansion. For example, the AI seeks to expand, or stays confined to it's original territory, etc..?
RE: Whats so Major about the Update?
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:13 pm
by cookie monster
ORIGINAL: gijas
What are the major changes in the 1.508 patch? I've been away from DW for awhile and just bought the ROTS expansion. I read that there were some major changes to the AI in the game. Was the option to select the AI game behavior in the older versions of the expansion. For example, the AI seeks to expand, or stays confined to it's original territory, etc..?
Erik Rutins posted the patch change list in the stickied ''Major update for DWROTS thread''