Page 1 of 1

dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 am
by goodwoodrw
My dive bombers won't attack targets. I have dive bombers within 10 hexes of a target in supply,but no a/c show in the dialog box when select airstrike button.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:07 am
by 82ndtrooper
I would guess you have weather turned on and its raining meaning either the target hex is mud or the hex where your plains are is mud.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 am
by Vic

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 pm
by Grymme
I would add the fact that aircraft wont work if they are not stationed in an aircraft to the answer and Q&A

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm
by Knavery
This doesn't make any sense to me unless you mean that aircraft can't take OFF from muddy hexes. Stating that aircraft cannot fly on muddy season hexes needs some additional explanation.

My aircraft dont work
Q: I tried to let my fighters with 100 action points join in a nearby airstrike, but they wont

A: There can be multiple reasons for this. (1) either the aircraft are on mud terrain or the target is; aircraft cannot fly on muddy season hexes. (2) you are out of fuel. check the fuel resource in the top of the main screen. Furthermore you might want to click on recon mission to see the maximum range your aircraft can operate and if there are any fuel issues.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 pm
by Knavery
Double post

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:09 pm
by Barthheart
ORIGINAL: Knavery

This doesn't make any sense to me unless you mean that aircraft can't take OFF from muddy hexes. Stating that aircraft cannot fly on muddy season hexes needs some additional explanation.

.....

That is correct: planes will not fly from muddy hexes and will not fly over/attack muddy hexes. These are the default random game rules.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm
by Knavery
ORIGINAL: Barthheart

ORIGINAL: Knavery

This doesn't make any sense to me unless you mean that aircraft can't take OFF from muddy hexes. Stating that aircraft cannot fly on muddy season hexes needs some additional explanation.

.....

That is correct: planes will not fly from muddy hexes and will not fly over/attack muddy hexes. These are the default random game rules.

But why? That makes no sense? Is it for game balance or some other purpose? Thanks!

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 pm
by Barthheart
ORIGINAL: Knavery

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

ORIGINAL: Knavery

This doesn't make any sense to me unless you mean that aircraft can't take OFF from muddy hexes. Stating that aircraft cannot fly on muddy season hexes needs some additional explanation.

.....

That is correct: planes will not fly from muddy hexes and will not fly over/attack muddy hexes. These are the default random game rules.

But why? That makes no sense? Is it for game balance or some other purpose? Thanks!

It's mostly for "flavour".... trying to simulate really bad weather seasons where your planes won't get much flying in.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:14 pm
by Tac2i
Personally, I would like to see this changed. Instead of no fly in mud areas, I would prefer to see attack penalties to reflect poor flying weather/reduced visibility and perhaps a reduced ranged.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 pm
by Barthheart
ORIGINAL: Webizen

Personally, I would like to see this changed. Instead of no fly in mud areas, I would prefer to see attack penalties to reflect poor flying weather/reduced visibility and perhaps a reduced ranged.


Should be easy enough to make your own random master file where those are the rules.
That's what's great about AT:G...[8D]

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 pm
by Knavery
Ok I understand. Vic has used the hexes themselves to simulate the weather. At least that's how I interpret it. If that's the case, it makes perfect sense. :)

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:24 pm
by Barthheart
ORIGINAL: Knavery

Ok I understand. Vic has used the hexes themselves to simulate the weather. At least that's how I interpret it. If that's the case, it makes perfect sense. :)

You said it clearer than I did.[&o][8D]

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:55 pm
by 82ndtrooper
also if you have a hq on a factory or resource hex and you transferred planes to it. those planes can not conduct air operations.  they cant take off from anything but a city hex or a airfield. they will defend if attacked but thats it. and i think you can move them to a city hex or airfield where they will then be able to conduct air operations.

RE: dive bombers

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 pm
by Frido1207
ORIGINAL: Webizen

Personally, I would like to see this changed. Instead of no fly in mud areas, I would prefer to see attack penalties to reflect poor flying weather/reduced visibility and perhaps a reduced ranged.

wholeheartedly agree with you.