Page 1 of 1

Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:37 pm
by Hentzau
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost3281186

Gatorman82
Nice to hear people are still playing TF1942. I was co-designer and lead programmer on the project. I've been working at home on a new game that combines 1942: the Pacific Air War and Taskforce: 1942. I wrote both games and have wanted to re-do them both. The engine is mostly written at this point, but the problem is art. I have talked a couple of artists into helping me out, but they lack my enthusiasm to work in my spare time. So although I still work on it, the project will never really go anywhere until I get more art support. Sims aren't seen as big money makers, so I won't get any monetary support unless I've got something pretty much done....

Ed Fletcher
Formerly of MicroProse Software

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:50 pm
by jomni
Is it confirmed to be a Matrix release?

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:33 am
by Hentzau
No, I just posted the link in hopes that Matrix the company not Matrix the forum might reach out to him. Of course, forum members that are artists like JMass could try to contact him also. Maybe somebody that mods WitP would be interested.

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 am
by n01487477
ORIGINAL: Hentzau

No, I just posted the link in hopes that Matrix the company not Matrix the forum might reach out to him. Of course, forum members that are artists like JMass could try to contact him also. Maybe somebody that mods WitP would be interested.
Bump until noticed by Matrix staff ... or by an artist. In this case though I think that witp modders are out of it cause that is 2D this would be 3d Modelling.

I'd love to see this Simulation game see the light of day.

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:32 pm
by cookie monster
Is Marc von Martial freelance?

He may also know some people.

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm
by junk2drive
No he got married...

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 pm
by Hentzau
These guys http://www.yankeeairpirate.net/ would be perfect as they already have lots of the content done in their Rising Sun for Strike Fighters.

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 am
by d0mbo
Certain buyer checking in!!!

[Deleted]

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:43 am
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:20 am
by Bamilus
^^^^ lol. Off topic spambot

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 am
by d0mbo
Unless TF 1942 will have an FPS element added that we aren't aware of yet :-)

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:36 pm
by David Heath
Hi Guys

I sent him a PM. If any has an email for him let me know.

David

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:43 pm
by SuluSea
Definately interested in TF1942 if it's backed by Matrix. [:)]

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:53 pm
by Phatguy
That was the first "3d" wargame game I remember buying....Had tons of fun...Would buy in a heartbeat......

[Deleted]

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:45 am
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:10 pm
by Big B
Ditto [8D]
ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Definately interested in TF1942 if it's backed by Matrix. [:)]

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:14 pm
by milkweg
So, this is the  person responsible for the "Ed was here" graffiti I found scrolled on the inside of a wooden tower on the air field in 1942:PAW.

RE: Attn: Matrix TF1942 sequel in works needs art

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 pm
by freeboy
The thing I like wasthe night actions with search lites and flares, that and I was happy to test ou tt fleet torp manuevers.. lets see this great game come back...
surface action in WW2 is a sorely lacking genre that formerly had lots of "players", companies willing to go into the subject