Page 1 of 1
Re-Downloading
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 pm
by randal7
I'm likely missing something obvious, but...
Bought the game almost a year ago. Can't find my email with the download link, just the order confirmation. I want to put the game on a new computer, but can't find where to download. I also emailed tech support, but figured this would get a quicker answer. Thanks in advance.
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 pm
by cookie monster
I must have answered this question a dozen times.
Contact the help desk through the support link at the top of the page.
I see you want to put DW on a new computer.
Don't you have the installer on your old computer still?
It's probably in the downloads folder if you haven't moved it.
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 pm
by helm123456789
I'm sure someone from Matrix will be along to help shortly. But always make a backup of your download as well as the serial numbers. I have a couple DVD's that have my matrix games on them with a pop up menu for intstalling
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:53 pm
by randal7
I do have the download on my old comp, but I am not home ATM. And the tech support sent me to a link to the digital river "find my order" site so I got my download. Thanks again.
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm
by lordxorn
If that email you found has your order number or if you know the info on the credit card used you can access it from here
http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store ... D.16015700
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm
by Baleur
Overall i'm very disappointed with the way downloading games work on this site/thing/service.
It is extremely inefficent, both for the customers and the developer/admins, to have manual emails sent back and forth just to be able to download a game you already own anyway.
Why not just automatically let you download it via your account on the Matrix site?
Still waiting for my reply email. New computer and it is weekend, i cant play the game i paid for. ^_^
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:19 pm
by Lord_Astraios
Thats the only downfall, but from the site lordxorn placed, is the place you can download it, in case it doesnt let you, contact the support guys to reset the download limit, but up to date, it should work, i think there was another way to download, when it come to mind i let you know.
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:30 pm
by lordxorn
ORIGINAL: Baleur
Overall i'm very disappointed with the way downloading games work on this site/thing/service.
It is extremely inefficent, both for the customers and the developer/admins, to have manual emails sent back and forth just to be able to download a game you already own anyway.
Why not just automatically let you download it via your account on the Matrix site?
Still waiting for my reply email. New computer and it is weekend, i cant play the game i paid for. ^_^
Baleur I am assuming you do not have the original registration email with your order number? Do you happen to have the credit card you used for the purchase? Then my link above will work.
RE: Re-Downloading
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:17 pm
by Baleur
Did not work, guess i placed my order after/before that site is valid? The Matrix site is where i bought it.
Your link, when entering my details, just takes me to my EA Store order history, which contains The Sims and nothing about Distant Worlds
