Page 1 of 1

Damage repair

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:14 pm
by stevemk1a
Hi! There's a couple of questions I have regarding damage repair. I know a vehicle with an intact tool box can fix immobilization, and gun malfunctions due to too much op fire etc... However does the same hold true for battle damage to these systems. I'm almost certain that other systems damage, like gun optics etc... is not repairable. However my most pressing question is if non-vehicles (ex. AT guns) can fix either malfunctions or battle damage. I ask this because in a current pbem game I have an undetected AT gun with many juicy targets, facing their rear ends at him, only trouble is he malfunctioned a while back... is there hope for me?:)

Nope not really

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:23 pm
by Gary Tatro
I have never seen field repairs of weapons. Though I guess there is always a first.

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:08 pm
by stevemk1a
Oh well, that's kinda what I thought. It seems to imply in the manual that vehicles at least can repair malfunctioned weapons, but I don't think I've seen it happen. Has anyone out there seen it? :( P.S. thx for the quick reply! I knew someone would know this one!!

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:52 pm
by BORO
I've seen a MG that brokedown fix itself, but never a main gun on a Tank or AT gun. Seems to make sense when you consider the context of time in a battle. Most scenarios are less than 1 hour in real time so it make sense that fixing some things just wouldn't happen in that time frame.

Boro

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:15 pm
by rbrunsman
Willy, I share your pain. I had an 88mm AT that malfunctioned on its first shot! :mad: The only good that came of it was that my opponent spent alot of resources to destroy that useless piece of junk.:D

I've seen vehicles repair immobility, but never a main gun. Like you I did see in the manual that it is a possibility, though.

I usually abandon my crew-served weapons when they malfunction and use the men to harass my opponent with small arms.

OBA breakdowns

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:37 am
by Capt. Pixel
What I hate is that Offboard who breaks ONLY the first tube, and then can't fire anything from that point on. With that, you don't even have the unit as dummy target on the board. :mad:

I've never, EVER, seen a weapons system repair itself. Once the data screen stops displaying a weapon, it never comes back.

Now perhaps there IS some small, infinitesimal chance for it to be repaired, but I've never seen it in thousands of hours of SPW@W play. I wish it would do that. :(