Page 1 of 1

How will v 3.0 be delivered? Poll to the masses.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:20 pm
by Epicurius
Will we be able to download it? I know of the problems with providers on the first release. Image What if we as a community do this in a very organized fashion so that we all can get the upgrade in a timely fashion and not cause headaches with the Matrix guys. I will contribute my ability to burn cds if I can get repayed the .88 cents for the cd and the .50 cents for the stamp.

I don't know. I just don't want to get in the situation where I am having to wait on it to come out in the magazines.

Any ideas group?

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:35 pm
by Nikademus
i was under the impression that ver.3 would be a patch download ala the previous 2-2.3 ones.

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2000 6:51 pm
by Epicurius
I was not sure of the size of the file. If it big, then they may try to get away from letting us download it.

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 12:59 am
by Paul Vebber
We are working on offering a patch that will be on the order of 30MB (yes more sounds and many new .shp files).

We are alos working on getting teh "whole game" version 3 back up also for those who haven't gotten it.

The release date is still open..."A week or so"...the Beta is still minus a few features we want to get in the final.