Page 1 of 1
I have another observation....
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:43 am
by Baldrick
One can't complain about a game that is free but I've noticed that my screen goes black at some most inconvenient times. During op fire mostly. I have my op fire option set for 15 seconds so I can read what's going on but when I want to check the orientation <front/side/rear> shot I can't see it. Don't know what version of Direct X I'm running and that may be my problem. Has anybody else had this problem?
___________
"What th....?"
"The bullets, they don't..."
"But how can he...?"
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:49 pm
by Supervisor
What version of SPWAW are you running, try to setting your monitor/video adapter setting to 800x600 16bit color as this is what SPWAW was designed to run at. Make sure you have the most updated divers for both your sound card and video card. Ensure you don't have any thing else running in the background with SPWAW as it's code is older and uses 100% CPU resources. Turn all sounds off within SPWAW and see if it helps. How much free HD space do you have left? Does this happed all the time are only in a certain scenario or certain countries. Please include system specs and if you tried any of these suggestions upon replying. Thanks
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:23 am
by Major Destruction
What settings are you using for live delay and message delay?
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:30 pm
by Cromort
actually i run Kazaa in the background when i play
and it has crashed only once, hence more saving is needed,
sometimes i get then also a black screen but it returns to normal after i right or left click
i guess this has nothing to do with your probs ,
just a thought:)
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:04 pm
by G_X
If this is because you're multi tasking, then the answer is to simply hold alt, hit tab, and continue holding alt, tapping tab until you get to SP:WaW again, and let go of alt, if that doesn't work keep trying it.
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:35 pm
by Baldrick
Thanks for the help. I had "Push the freakin' button" running in the background. Turned it off and now no problem.