Page 1 of 1

Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm
by AlPhi
Am I alone in seeing that when a fleet with damaged ships is sent to 'Repair and Refuel at nearest Spaceport' that the fleet goes and repairs but then goes straight to 'no mission' and will not refuel until you tell it to separately?

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:02 pm
by Data
I didn't play with fleets much recently but I'd not be surprised....the old command stickiness problem I suspect

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm
by cookie monster
Maybe the colony had run out of fuel and couldn't refuel all the ships. Highly likely.

Refuelling large fleets is only practical at a Resupply Ship.

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:36 pm
by AlPhi
No Cookie, the colony had fuel and the fleet was only 3 destroyers. Do your fleets always do or queue both the repair and refuel commands? I have no problem with individual ships doing both from that command, it is just fleets that seem to forget the second bit.

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:53 am
by ehsumrell1
ORIGINAL: AlPhi

No Cookie, the colony had fuel and the fleet was only 3 destroyers. Do your fleets always do or queue both the repair and refuel commands? I have no problem with individual ships doing both from that command, it is just fleets that seem to forget the second bit.

As a workaround AlPhi, I would first give the fleet the repair at nearest Spaceport order, then
queue the second order for the fleet to refuel. This works for me nearly always. But beware that
the targeted Spaceport needs to have the proper type (Hydrogen or Caslon) and enough fuel to not
only fuel the assigned fleet ships, but any other ships there, Private or otherwise as well. [:)]

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:24 am
by AlPhi
Thanks ehsumrell1, the shipyard had lots of Caslon and when I told the fleet to refuel separately they all immediately filled up at the same port where they had just repaired. I can easily get round the issue as you say but wondered whether the dual command always had a problem with fleets or if it was just me (I already seem to have a rare bug with disappearing troops from troopships that others can see in my gamesaves but not usually in their own!).

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 pm
by ehsumrell1
ORIGINAL: AlPhi

Thanks ehsumrell1, the shipyard had lots of Caslon and when I told the fleet to refuel separately they all immediately filled up at the same port where they had just repaired. I can easily get round the issue as you say but wondered whether the dual command always had a problem with fleets or if it was just me (I already seem to have a rare bug with disappearing troops from troopships that others can see in my gamesaves but not usually in their own!).

Yes AlPhi, I am one of the beta testers and I have yet to see my troop transport lose troops in
any fashion short of having a ships' troop carrying component destroyed when in a nebula's
expanse or storm for too long....really weird. I'm sure Elliot will look into this for the
upcoming expansion though. [:)]

RE: Fleet Repair and Refuel Command?

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:31 pm
by Data
short of having a ships' troop carrying component destroyed when in a nebula's
expanse or storm for too long

brilliant, never thought of that...having checked the save for myself I know it's not the case here but it was still such an obvious explanation and yet it never crossed my mind. Occam would rolhao.

[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]