Page 1 of 1

Air missions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 am
by murphys35
Hi! I have a question regarding air missions. It´s quite easy to understand percentage allocation between CAP/rest/search/etc. when I have enough planes in a squadron. If I have 10 planes and 20 pct of them is settled to do naval search - 2 planes are in search mode. But what if I have, let´s say 2, Catalinas on some remote atoll and set Naval search mission with 20 pct rest? Will it have any effect at all? Will one those rest once in several turns?

RE: Air missions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:59 am
by Erkki
Its rounded up, the other one will fly.

EDIT: if it flies both AM and PM phases I'm not sure, AM phase at least.

RE: Air missions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 am
by michaelm75au
Would be one each phase.
If there were 2 planes, it would most likely alternate as the fatigue grows on one pilot.

RE: Air missions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 am
by crsutton
Basically, two planes won't be enough.

RE: Air missions

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 pm
by zuluhour
Sounds like Midway.

RE: Air missions

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 am
by inqistor
It seems to affect only planes, not pilots.
Easy to observe with search arcs. Number of "paths" will increase/decrease according to number of planes, and percentages set.

So, whatever percentage you set, it is probably percentage of ready planes.
Now, I am not sure how training percentage in this case would work.
And, as additional question:
If I have 2 planes, and set 30% on search, training, and rest, what will happen?