Page 1 of 1

Help : UV Strategy Guide / FAQ

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:43 am
by Spooky
Hello

In order to help the UV newbies ... or even not the newbies :D, I think it would be interesting to create some kind of UV strategy guide/FAQ.

However, it could only exist if we can merge all the tips & tricks of the most experienced players of the UV Community.

So if experienced UV players like Dgaad, Mogami, U2, Sonny, Brisd, Sabre21, Didz ... and all the others could share their tactics & strategy (or at least some of them ;)) in this thread - we could begin a very useful doc.

Some of the aspects would be :
- ASW strategy
- Sub strategy
- Mining strategy (Dgaad ?)
- Japanese strategy in May 42
- US Strategy in May 42
- What are the factors for a successful invasion
- ...

And of course all the UV tips & tricks

Thanks for your help

Spooky

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:04 am
by von Murrin
Give me about a week or so and I'll see what I can come up with.

:)

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:11 am
by Rob Roberson
1. Great idea! Not sure what I can help with but let me know.

Rob

Wait for 1.20

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 9:50 pm
by 1089
Perhaps it would be best to wait for 1.20, since it may make a big difference on strategy.

kp

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:01 pm
by U2
Hi

Show me the money!!!!!!!:D :) :p

I'll do my best in trying to write down some advices and contact you later.

Dan

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 10:30 pm
by Spooky
Sorry U2 - No money yet :D

I have already written the very first version (posted on the site) with some Erik's posts about ASW, Tokyo Express, ...

So for the beginning, I think a FAQ would be easier to write .. and then after a so-called "strategy guide"

So if you have some Q/A ... I am looking for them !!!

Spooky

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:26 am
by Rob Roberson
You know what might be easier....if you posted questions here..simply things like how does land supply work...had the membership answer said question and then compile the answers to one neat form.

Just a thought...one person needs to do the compiling and instint newbie guide.

Rob

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:30 am
by Spooky
Good idea :)

BTW, "how does land supply work" would be a great addition to this FAQ ?

Do you want to write the answer :D

Spooky

HA

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:12 am
by Rob Roberson
Thats still something I dont quite have down..

House rules

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:50 pm
by Robert Roberson
I think various people should send you their various house rules when playing the AI or in PBEMS.

A couple of mine...

NO mines warfare versus the AI. I have never seen it use it yet (in either of my AI games) and despite the new mine rules I can really unbalance the game versus the computer using them.

versus humans...

the standard no heavy allied bombers below 5000 feet...


Just a couple to kick this off.

Robersons love UV!

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:10 pm
by 1089
Well, there seems to be some connection between people named Robert Roberson and a passion for UV! Are you guys related?

kp

haha

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:27 pm
by Rob Roberson
nah for some reason I am unable to sign in at work so I created a new me for that computer.

Rob

Ah! I thought that might be it.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:48 pm
by 1089
Well, if you don't tell anyone else, you could go over to the B-17 thread and get into a heated and prolonged argument with yourself about the efficacy of the zero vs. the p40...

:)
kp

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:08 am
by IChristie
That would be really, really, doubly redundant