Is this the way it's suppose to work?
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:17 pm
Once again I've had the pleasure of watching one of my transport TFs bolt for home before unloading was completed, and I'm starting to get the impression it's all the result of ships within the TF taking damage.
According to the manual, a ship which is part of a transport TF, and in the process of unloading, will not be split away from the TF if it gets damaged from enemy action. However, if the damage is severe enough, the auto retire feature kicks in and what happens is the entire TF ends up retiring. At least thats my take on it.
A few have suggested to disable the retirement allowed feature. My question is why should I have to do that? Why can't heavily damaged transports split off on their own, and leave the TF's mission intact? Why should the TF, having completed it's unloading mission, have to wait around until I give them the order to retire.
According to the manual, a ship which is part of a transport TF, and in the process of unloading, will not be split away from the TF if it gets damaged from enemy action. However, if the damage is severe enough, the auto retire feature kicks in and what happens is the entire TF ends up retiring. At least thats my take on it.
A few have suggested to disable the retirement allowed feature. My question is why should I have to do that? Why can't heavily damaged transports split off on their own, and leave the TF's mission intact? Why should the TF, having completed it's unloading mission, have to wait around until I give them the order to retire.