Page 1 of 1

ATR sound effects

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:58 am
by Baldrick
Some ATRs sound good but others sound like a volley of rifle fire. I'd like all my ATRs to sound a bit more formidable when popping off. How do I change the sound effects for any particular weapon and make it default for whatever scenario I might play?

_____________________________
"If there is one thing I know nothing about it is horticulture."

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:45 am
by stevemk1a
Sorry, not an answer, but another related (vaguely) question. Both the the Soviet SVT automatic rifle and the German STG43 auto rifle have little phrases incorporated into the effect. What if anything are the guys in the squad saying? (I always imagine it as somthing like 'eat this sucka!'). Are there any other little funny lines in the sound effects (like the melee and overrun effects ... luv 'em ooh, so cheesy). Also, if you do replace sound files, does it do anything to pbem play?

Finnish have the same

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:24 am
by Curieus
with one of their types of infantry. Unfortunately my knowledge of finnish isn't up to the task of translating it.

Re: Finnish have the same

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:16 pm
by OKW-73
Originally posted by Curieus
with one of their types of infantry. Unfortunately my knowledge of finnish isn't up to the task of translating it.
If I remember correct there was two different shouts with finnish, one was "perkele" and it could be translated as "satan" and other was "tulta" and it means "fire" im not 100% of these cause havent played with finnish a while but if im wrong im sure someone will correct me ;)

Re: Re: Finnish have the same

Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:37 pm
by DerC
Originally posted by OKW-73


If I remember correct there was two different shouts with finnish, one was "perkele" and it could be translated as "satan" and other was "tulta" and it means "fire" im not 100% of these cause havent played with finnish a while but if im wrong im sure someone will correct me ;)
You are correct. I have no accurate information on which units these shouts appear with, but I'm guessing it's all Finnish infantry? (Maybe excluding cavalry or something?)

Anyway, I think these shouts are a really nice addition to the feel of the game. :)

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:20 am
by G_X
I think Russian Conscripts might say something when they fired as well, I don't remember exactly, but it is fun to hear your guys speak up and insult the other player!

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:10 pm
by Hades
A lot of the nations have units that yell. Germanys PZ-38t says something when it fires its MG37. Japs yell Banzai when entering melee. I think a long time ago their was a post translating some of the sayings.