Page 1 of 1

Blitzgreig Why not use the is game as template for PC version.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 am
by ironduke1955
I used to play, some years back the Board Wargame called Blitzgreig with two fictional nations called Big Blue and Great Red. I guess representing USSR/Germany USSR/USA. The WITE system would be great for creating a game with the same premise. Even extending the premise to include additional nations for a larger PVP option. Just a idea since I have never seen a good PC version of the boardgame.

RE: Blitzgreig Why not use the is game as template for PC version.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 pm
by kvolk
Great game! it was definitely on of the games that I cut my teeth on learing to play board games and WiTE is the first computer game that bettered that experience.

RE: Blitzgreig Why not use the is game as template for PC version.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:14 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi IronDuke1955,

You should give Advanced Tactics Gold a try. [8D] I believe TOAW may also have an adaptation of Blitzkrieg.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Blitzgreig Why not use the is game as template for PC version.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:08 am
by buchand
Brings back memories. I remember using blank counters to simulate step reductions rather than DE, DR etc all or nothing,creating armies for the empty territories etc. [:'(]

Can't remember the site but I have seen a computerised free version on the net.

RE: Blitzgreig Why not use the is game as template for PC version.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 am
by ironduke1955
It was the multi-player aspect of such a game that struck me as appealing. Three fully armed Nations battling it out with three likewise armed Nations. Without the nasty baggage of the second world war. From a moral point of view who can justify playing the Germans. But then they had such cool tanks[8D]. Thanks for links will look at TOAW. I did track down a download for Blitzgreig but I am wary of free downloads on the net my last one cost me hundreds of dollars to get rid of the nasty infection I contracted. I would have preferred getting a human variant a shot in the appropriate place would have been a lot cheaper.