Page 1 of 1

Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:40 pm
by Commanderski
I've been looking around the web for a good map to be used for this game but can't find what I want. I've been thinking about have one made from the game files but don't know which ones could be used for a decent sized map,5 feet long by 3 feet high should do it.

I looked through the game files and can't find a single file for the map. It looks like it would be in at least 4 parts that have to be put together. The files I found are under DAT, then ART and the map files are in the various ZOOM folders.

Has anybody made a map from these files? If so which ones? If not does anybody know where to get a good sized map that can be used for this game?

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:55 pm
by rolypoly
upfiles/4588/9FCC4E33ECAD4CD6A208D11AF8840FFE.jpg by goranw

used it in this ;)

fb.asp?m=2852367

it´s been working great [:)]



RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:57 pm
by Panama
Nice. Wonder how much it would cost for a big poster.

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 pm
by Commanderski
Thank you! I'll let you know what I end up with and all the details.

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:22 pm
by Commanderski
Well I got it and it's HUGE! First if you want a map made, you have to get it printed from a print shop that does large banners and signs, not documents. I originally wanted one about 5 feet by 3 feet and after I sent them the file they said it would look distorted being only 3 feet wide, it needed to be bigger. 46" wide would make it look good. So I said go ahead.

The cost was $265.00 US Of course you may not want one that big but I have the space and have been working overtime so I decided why not. The place I got is in New Hampshire and they will ship them out of state, I can provide a link if anybody else is interested. They were quite proud of this as they never did one like this before.

If it was any bigger you would be able to the names of the streets in Moscow..[:D]

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 ... ingMap.jpg

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 pm
by Helpless


..liked your fishing rods on the right :)

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm
by PeeDeeAitch
You have the coolest gaming bunker in the world now.

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 pm
by Commanderski
The fishing rods in the picture are old rods that need repairing and will work on them someday...[:)] As good as this game is nothing will keep me indoors on a nice day. I do most of my serious gaming in the winter.

I might get a little worried about the term "bunker" if I have a game go into '45...[:)] I am making this part of the basement my "war room" , and thanks for the compliment

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:14 pm
by Northern Star
Your map is great![:)]
You are really a crazy guy in my opinion. When I started playing WiR 3 years ago I printed the small map at the end of the manual and I started drawing there my plans. In this moment I thought I was a really crazy girl, but you beat me! Great work! [:)]

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:23 pm
by Scook_99
All you need now is plexi-glass covering it and you can use grease pencils and dry erase markers to your heart's content. I might have to get me one of them Fire in the East size maps so I can go back (gulp!) 25 years to monster war games in the garage and basements.

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 pm
by Commanderski
All you need now is plexi-glass covering it and you can use grease pencils and dry erase markers to your heart's content. I might have to get me one of them Fire in the East size maps so I can go back (gulp!) 25 years to monster war games in the garage and basements.

It's Laminated so you can use Dry Erase markers...[:)] Once I get some markings up I'll post a picture of the map in use.

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:41 pm
by kfmiller41
What you really need now is a STAFF[:D]

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 am
by randallw
ORIGINAL: Commanderski

Well I got it and it's HUGE! First if you want a map made, you have to get it printed from a print shop that does large banners and signs, not documents. I originally wanted one about 5 feet by 3 feet and after I sent them the file they said it would look distorted being only 3 feet wide, it needed to be bigger. 46" wide would make it look good. So I said go ahead.

The cost was $265.00 US Of course you may not want one that big but I have the space and have been working overtime so I decided why not. The place I got is in New Hampshire and they will ship them out of state, I can provide a link if anybody else is interested. They were quite proud of this as they never did one like this before.

The map is about 3x the cost of the game!

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:16 am
by Remmes
ORIGINAL: Commanderski
It's Laminated so you can use Dry Erase markers...[:)] Once I get some markings up I'll post a picture of the map in use.

Very nice;now you can make your own Lage Ost map every day.....

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 am
by EisenHammer
Nice...I wish I had one.[:)]

RE: Looking to have a wall map made

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 pm
by ETF
Haha me too!
I wonder is Matrix offering it as they did with WITP?