They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:28 am
Lately, I have been trying to learn the other side of the coin of WIR and have been playing Soviet against German AI, specifically scenario '42.
My main question is the air war. It seems to me it's useless to even have bombers or fighter/bombers near the front as they are easy pickings for the Luftwaffe (I feel the joylessness of destruction for a change). I am inclined to keep a presence around Moscow of course, but in all other sectors, I'm training these buggers out of range. How long does it take to get them even up to the mid 60 range in experience if ye go the conservative way and not put these hapless pilots in the cauldron? You must excuse my grand lack of experience here. I'm used to this fat, old pilot boasting about air lifts and Dunkirks.
Regards,
Montenegro
My main question is the air war. It seems to me it's useless to even have bombers or fighter/bombers near the front as they are easy pickings for the Luftwaffe (I feel the joylessness of destruction for a change). I am inclined to keep a presence around Moscow of course, but in all other sectors, I'm training these buggers out of range. How long does it take to get them even up to the mid 60 range in experience if ye go the conservative way and not put these hapless pilots in the cauldron? You must excuse my grand lack of experience here. I'm used to this fat, old pilot boasting about air lifts and Dunkirks.
Regards,
Montenegro