Page 1 of 1

Yucky

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:14 am
by dgaad
The new color scheme is, in the words of my son, "Yucky".

Re: Yucky

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:22 am
by dpstafford
Originally posted by dgaad
The new color scheme is, in the words of my son, "Yucky".
WARNING: New color scheme may cause double vision, cataracts and anal discharge........

Re: Yucky

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:54 am
by pasternakski
Originally posted by dgaad
The new color scheme is, in the words of my son, "Yucky".
Yucky it is, and gleepy, glorpy, barfy, and all them other words ending in "y" (like Californy). PLEASE tone 'er down.

Please?

It might not have been so bad if other changes had been made to integrate the icons and other graphics into the new color scheme, but all that stuff remains the same (note the link buttons still in baby poop green, for example).

Okay, we ain't criticizin' yer game anymore, so we're blastin' the crap outta yer aesthetic preferences. Ya ain't sellin' them, so yer fair game, this time, ye lowdown varmints. And I'm a-blastin' ye.

I suggest that you do something integrated and consistent as an overall change if you're going to make a change (sophisticated graphic designer that I am - :rolleyes: - witness my widely noted and approved collection of outhouse designs for the discriminating hillbilly as evidence of my expertise).

--------------------

I will now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:08 am
by Caltone
Looks like someone splashed bleach all over the website.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:19 pm
by dgaad
My monitor shorted out. It hasn't had this much current load on it since the last time I visited the Maxim site.


Maxim. Matrix. Maxim. Matrix. Its a conspiracy.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:13 pm
by Supervisor
I must admit that it worked better (for me) on a dark background. Much easier on the eyes.

This looks more like a style-sheet went bad. :)

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:18 pm
by 1089
Having been on this forum just a little over a year, I must admit I was confused with how the color of the forum didn't match the store. For over a year my brow has been furrowed, as I wondered, "How can this be? What is the mystery of the non-matching colors?" It really confused me, and kept me from enjoying the forum. :confused:

Now imagine, if you will, my delight and joy upon finding the new matching forum colors! The confusion is gone, everything is now so clear. And bright! So very bright! :cool: I will now be able to enjoy my forums and store experience, without that dreadful confusing color scheme that has plagued me and other newbies for so long!

It even looks like you've gone with the UV color scheme, instead of that drab olive look. My only complaint is that, because my wife and I have cats, she is frequently opening the door and letting bugs in the house. Before they would congregate around the flood lights in the kitchen, which didn't bother me too much. Now they are dive bombing my monitor! One good thing, though. I was playing UV so much, that I have barely been outside. And living in Portland, the summer is the only time you can get any kind of tan, and so one shouldn't miss the opportunity to get outside, unless pasty white is the color of choice. But now I am getting my tan, and don't have to leave my computer! Thanks, guys!

;)
kp

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:24 pm
by Marc von Martial
It might not have been so bad if other changes had been made to integrate the icons and other graphics into the new color scheme, but all that stuff remains the same (note the link buttons still in baby poop green, for example).


That´s in the works and on the list from the beginning. But I´m no robot and have other important things on my plate here too. Since you claim you have insight in the "business" you probably now the fabulous work of recoloring zillions of little icons.

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:06 pm
by Admiral DadMan
This is way too abrasive. A darker color is more inviting and doesn't cast such a glare, but this... is like mental sandpaper.

It tires my eyes too fast, and I'm not that old.

It forces me to squint, and I'm not looking to develop some more wrinkles around my eyes.

Marc, I read a comment from you in another thread:
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck

...Just on a side note, we get a lot of positive feedback for the change. But just as allways the guys that don´t like it cry louder
I'm sure you have gotten a bit of positive feedback, and change is a good thing, but did you ever consider that we're louder because we're the ones who are here the most? The vocal majority also sings out when there is a change for the better.

Stepping out for my Tylenol/Motrin delivery now

Sorry Admiral

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:12 pm
by IChristie
I have to go with the silent minority on this one. (I had absolutely nothing to do with choosing the colour scheme BTW). I really didn't like it last night when I first saw it, but with decent lighting and correctly set up monitor - I'm actually finding it easier on my eyes.

It's no different than the reading documents on a computer... or do all of you guys set your windows screen colours to yellow on green? ;)

Re: Sorry Admiral

Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:24 pm
by Admiral DadMan
Originally posted by IChristie
I have to go with the silent minority on this one. (I had absolutely nothing to do with choosing the colour scheme BTW). I really didn't like it last night when I first saw it, but with decent lighting and correctly set up monitor - I'm actually finding it easier on my eyes.

It's no different than the reading documents on a computer... or do all of you guys set your windows screen colours to yellow on green? ;)
I suppose I could adjust my eyes, but then there's that late-nite issue of "Are you STILL at it?!?!?" :cool:

Re: Sorry Admiral

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:03 am
by dgaad
Originally posted by IChristie


It's no different than the reading documents on a computer... or do all of you guys set your windows screen colours to yellow on green? ;)
I'm not making this up. My default background for all windows in W98 is . . . black.

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:34 pm
by Marc von Martial
Originally posted by Admiral DadMan
This is way too abrasive. A darker color is more inviting and doesn't cast such a glare, but this... is like mental sandpaper.

It tires my eyes too fast, and I'm not that old.

It forces me to squint, and I'm not looking to develop some more wrinkles around my eyes.

Marc, I read a comment from you in another thread:

I'm sure you have gotten a bit of positive feedback, and change is a good thing, but did you ever consider that we're louder because we're the ones who are here the most? The vocal majority also sings out when there is a change for the better.

Stepping out for my Tylenol/Motrin delivery now
From a marketing point of view lighter colors are more inviting. If it forces you to squint then you should check your monitor configuration big time ;).

On the positive/negative feedback point. Well it´s a fact that when getting feedback you´re likely to get more negative then positive feedback. People tend to mention the negative things first, few people speak out what they like about things.

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:42 pm
by dgaad
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck


From a marketing point of view lighter colors are more inviting. If it forces you to squint then you should check your monitor configuration big time ;).

On the positive/negative feedback point. Well it´s a fact that when getting feedback you´re likely to get more negative then positive feedback. People tend to mention the negative things first, few people speak out what they like about things.
Good marketing is whatever causes people to spend more of their money or time on your product.

I never spoke out about the darker shades of the forums because they weren't abrasive, they were seamless to my psyche and gave me no cause for thinking about them.

These lighter colors are abrasive and shocking. I spend less time on the forums as a result. And, I've already checked my equipment.

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:03 pm
by 11Bravo
Originally posted by dgaad


And, I've already checked my equipment.
Don't do that too much or you will go blind.

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:48 pm
by pasternakski
Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck


That´s in the works and on the list from the beginning. But I´m no robot and have other important things on my plate here too. Since you claim you have insight in the "business" you probably now the fabulous work of recoloring zillions of little icons.
Yah, Mark. I got out the old paint pots from my paint-by-number collection and every time one of 'em pops up on the screen in a color I don't like, I paint over it. Hacks me off when the screen changes and I have to start all over, though...