Page 1 of 2

Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:27 pm
by Bombur
Beta version of GD uploaded to the community site. It now features 14 playable countries and more 25 minor regimes. Cities now can be upgraded too.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:06 pm
by 82ndtrooper
ahh Bombur that sounds good I will take a look at it mate. 

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 pm
by Jeffrey H.
YAY ! Going over to get it.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:52 pm
by Bombur
Tell me if you find bugs, I already detected two minor ones...Suez is an airbase (should be a port) and Dar Es Salaam is a city (should be a minor city). This scenario still lacks events. They will be added latter, when we see how the AI is working.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 am
by Jeffrey H.
I've been playing it again as China vs. the World. VERY INTERESTING ! There are no roads in China, so the rivers are a major obstacle. The AI is much faster even with the new regimes to consider. Having fun !

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm
by Bombur
I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 pm
by Bombur
A major bug, preventing cities from being upgraded, was discovered and fixed. Version 1.02 is ready in the community website...

Bombur

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:34 am
by Vic
ORIGINAL: Bombur

I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....

you might want to help it now and then with some scripting giving it some free research occasionaly.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm
by Jeffrey H.
I'm having a tough time against the AI and all it's freebies. I can't believe the size of force it can maintain without sufficient supply.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:08 pm
by Bombur
ORIGINAL: Vic

ORIGINAL: Bombur

I suggest you to upgrade to v1.01 (just uploaded) it fixes some annoying bugs, like the new regimes being unable to produce resources...the game is playable now, but I´m noticing the AI isn´t very interested in research under Bombur mod....

you might want to help it now and then with some scripting giving it some free research occasionaly.


-That´s my plan...but I still don´t know what paths the AI is unable to research...

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:14 pm
by Jeffrey H.
In my current game, the AI has researched infantry to level 3. That was a really aggressive one. So far the others have not researched from what I can tell.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:51 pm
by ernieschwitz
In my current game (argentina vs. the world)... The american AI has at least researched ships 2. I can see that by the number of Medium Cargoships he´s sending at me ;)

Other than that, nothing to report, except the slow decline of brazil (ever since they declare war on me) Oh and i am in 1908..

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:41 pm
by Bombur
These are good news, any other bugs found?

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:26 pm
by Jeffrey H.
I wouldn't call it a bug but research is danged expensive. Also, I took yatkusk or whatever its called from the soviets and it's going bonkers with pp production.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:28 pm
by Jeffrey H.
Strategic transport via train is pointless.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 pm
by ernieschwitz
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Strategic transport via train is pointless.
Not sure it´s entirely pointless... but it does seem to require an awful lot of trains.

11 trains can transport 20 SMGs from Buenos Aires to Porto Alegro... thats not a fairly long distance, imho.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:33 pm
by ernieschwitz
ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I wouldn't call it a bug but research is danged expensive. Also, I took yatkusk or whatever its called from the soviets and it's going bonkers with pp production.

Yeah research is rather expensive. Not sure it´s because i have a "smaller" country, or that it´s because it in general is expensive. About yakutsk... you sure it has a HQ within distance... and it´s not just piling up unused PPs?

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:14 pm
by ernieschwitz
ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

In my current game (argentina vs. the world)... The american AI has at least researched ships 2. I can see that by the number of Medium Cargoships he´s sending at me ;)

Other than that, nothing to report, except the slow decline of brazil (ever since they declare war on me) Oh and i am in 1908..

OK, now i am in 1917 and Great Britain has Rifle II and SMG II. As far as I can tell from the tech tree, this is Infantry level 4! Oh and it´s 1940s tech.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:32 pm
by Jeffrey H.
Yeah, that's where GB was in my game, but GB had it around 1915 or so. I had a huge fight on my hands for India and the Middle East. Once I scrubbed GB out of India, I steamrolled the Ottomans and swept through the Arab states as well as Turkey and into Southern Russia through Georgia. The Russians are facing me full force, but TMK thay have not developed any tech.

I was trying to transport an engineer unit via rail and even though I spent many turns building up 30 odd trains I couldn't transport the engineer unit at all. The engineer was large but only enough to build two roads per turn.

Yakutsk is set to build PP's and it's building something like 15 or so a turn ! Wowsa.

RE: Global domination uploaded

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:52 pm
by Josh
Research cost in random maps is based on the size of the map, so huge maps = very costly in research, like Staff II is 400 PP's or thereabouts.