Page 1 of 2

Avatars

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:03 am
by sajer

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right forum for this kind of stuff. If it isn't sorry [&:]

I can't seem to get my avatar to work.

I have tried everything. It is an appropriate size.

I was told on my site I use: Gary Grigsby's "War in the East" - that Matrix was having problems - off and on - with this.

Could someone tell me - step by step - how to upload a picture from my computer and have it appear on the left - under my name - like everyone else. I have tried just about everything.

Is Matrix still having problems?

RE: Avatars

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 am
by sterckxe
ORIGINAL: sajer
I have tried everything. It is an appropriate size.

It would help if you could describe *exactly* what you do and what error you're getting at what point.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx




RE: Avatars

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am
by Empire101
I've had exactly the same problem, that I brought up in an earlier thread.

I've made a new thumbnail ( a great Dr Strangelove pic [:D]), Dimensions 130x98 and a size of 2.88KB, well within the specified max limits and this is what I get:-



Image

RE: Avatars

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 pm
by lecrop
I've the same problem, and I've waiting an answer from Helpdesk.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:17 pm
by IainMcNeil
What are the exact file format and dimensions of your desired avatar. Maybe there is an issue here.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:59 am
by lecrop
I have tried different measures respecting the maximum of 145x145, jpg, and max.weight. In the past I changed my avatar several times without any problems. I've tried with Internet Explorer, Chrome et al., and with different computers, with no luck. Always the same message.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 pm
by Empire101
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

What are the exact file format and dimensions of your desired avatar. Maybe there is an issue here.


I've made a new thumbnail ( a great Dr Strangelove pic ), Dimensions 130x98 and a size of 2.88KB, JPG format, well within the specified max limits.

I'm baffled[&:]

RE: Avatars

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:38 am
by Empire101
ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

What are the exact file format and dimensions of your desired avatar. Maybe there is an issue here.


Have you had any luck Iain?

regards
Chris

[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:02 am
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Avatars

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm
by Hanal
deleted...spammer removed

RE: Avatars

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 pm
by IainMcNeil
Sorry not had a chance to look. I dont really know the forum software very well so not sure how to check or resolve. You could open a support ticket as someone there may know more about it!

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 pm
by Empire101
For all those interested in this topic, I have a support ticket being dealt with at the moment by Daniel Heath.

Unfortunately it might take a while to resolve, but they are looking at it.[:)]

I must say I'm always impressed with the level of support Matrix provides, whether it it ingame problems, or tech issues. The Games Developers are always helpful and courteous, and that goes for the Technical Support guys too.

Three cheers for Matrix!!!!![8D]

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:47 pm
by sveint
I've been having the exact same problem. Still unable to change my avatar.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:49 pm
by sveint
Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)
Permission denied
/forums/js/io.asp, line 244

Page:
POST 11726 bytes to /forums/uploadpro.asp

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:08 pm
by Perturabo
I have the same problem.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:45 pm
by parusski
The ONLY way I can ever change my avatar is by manually changing the size to just slightly below the system maximum. Just open your .jpg, re-size to a number lower by both height and width. Always works for me.

RE: Avatars

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:51 pm
by Perturabo
I tried with 144 and 143 and it doesn't work.

[Deleted]

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:33 am
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Avatars

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm
by Hanal
Reported as these spammers will suck you dry!!

Image

RE: Avatars

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 pm
by sveint
Any chance this could get looked into? (With all due respect it should not be too hard to fix).

I really would like to change my avatar.

Image