Japanese opponent
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:21 pm
Hi
after taking my last campaign (stock) against Rainer79 into mid 45 I have been absent to both the forum and the game for 4 months and decided to come back to have another shot at a PBEM campaign while not becoming really active on the forum anymore as the way the AE forum has gone was rather disappointing (to me) when thinking about all the years on the WITP forum. Some of my pet peeves were whiped out due to patches during the PBEM while some weren´t, therefore I am reluctant to touch stock another time. As DaBigBabes seem to have been the mod that took care about most of the things I thought would not be working well (or well enough) I would like to start a long term PBEM using that mod under the latest beta patch. As we´ve been using the beta patches during the last PBEM too without much of a problem I would also like to have ongoing updates of this PBEM if a new patch is available and there aren´t reported problem.
As mentioned above, I´m again looking for a Japanese opponent as I´m still not willing to try Transport Tycoon in the Pacific while I´ve been playing most of my WITP games as the Japanese.
I would also like to introduce these options and houserules that have worked out quite well IMO:
Realism options:
FOW ON
advanced Weather OFF
Allied damage control ON
PDU ON
historical first turn OFF
Dec 7 surprise ON
reliable USN torps OFF
realistic R&D OFF
no unit withdrawels OFF
reinforcements VARIABLE +/- 60 days
Game options:
combat reports ON
auto sub ops OFF
TF move radius ON
plane move radius ON
facilities expand OFF
auto upgrade ships and airgroups OFF
air and ground replacements OFF
turn cycle 1 TURN
House rules:
no new Allied TFs on turn 1
only one Japanese port strike
cease fire in China until 1 Feb 42
no Allied strategic bombing of occupied Allied territory at any time, Allied strategic bombing only allowed on Japanese held territory of 12/7/41
no Allied 4E bombers on naval attack below 10.000ft from 6/42 on. Valid for Army 4Es, not valid for Allied NAVY heavy bombers at any time
as realistic R&D is turned OFF, no overabuse of this function. Means not producing any aircraft earlier than 4 months of their normal arrival as it would be quite off to see Shidens or whatever super advanced ac a year earlier (or even earlier) and it has been proved already that R&D can go totally off in that respect
Depending on your time zone I can do several turns a day, Rainer79 and me were able to play into mid 45 within one and a halve years real time. May well do an AAR again.
cheers
Chris
after taking my last campaign (stock) against Rainer79 into mid 45 I have been absent to both the forum and the game for 4 months and decided to come back to have another shot at a PBEM campaign while not becoming really active on the forum anymore as the way the AE forum has gone was rather disappointing (to me) when thinking about all the years on the WITP forum. Some of my pet peeves were whiped out due to patches during the PBEM while some weren´t, therefore I am reluctant to touch stock another time. As DaBigBabes seem to have been the mod that took care about most of the things I thought would not be working well (or well enough) I would like to start a long term PBEM using that mod under the latest beta patch. As we´ve been using the beta patches during the last PBEM too without much of a problem I would also like to have ongoing updates of this PBEM if a new patch is available and there aren´t reported problem.
As mentioned above, I´m again looking for a Japanese opponent as I´m still not willing to try Transport Tycoon in the Pacific while I´ve been playing most of my WITP games as the Japanese.
I would also like to introduce these options and houserules that have worked out quite well IMO:
Realism options:
FOW ON
advanced Weather OFF
Allied damage control ON
PDU ON
historical first turn OFF
Dec 7 surprise ON
reliable USN torps OFF
realistic R&D OFF
no unit withdrawels OFF
reinforcements VARIABLE +/- 60 days
Game options:
combat reports ON
auto sub ops OFF
TF move radius ON
plane move radius ON
facilities expand OFF
auto upgrade ships and airgroups OFF
air and ground replacements OFF
turn cycle 1 TURN
House rules:
no new Allied TFs on turn 1
only one Japanese port strike
cease fire in China until 1 Feb 42
no Allied strategic bombing of occupied Allied territory at any time, Allied strategic bombing only allowed on Japanese held territory of 12/7/41
no Allied 4E bombers on naval attack below 10.000ft from 6/42 on. Valid for Army 4Es, not valid for Allied NAVY heavy bombers at any time
as realistic R&D is turned OFF, no overabuse of this function. Means not producing any aircraft earlier than 4 months of their normal arrival as it would be quite off to see Shidens or whatever super advanced ac a year earlier (or even earlier) and it has been proved already that R&D can go totally off in that respect
Depending on your time zone I can do several turns a day, Rainer79 and me were able to play into mid 45 within one and a halve years real time. May well do an AAR again.
cheers
Chris