Page 1 of 1

Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:42 am
by bacchus
I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with increased detection levels in the current beta version. In all three of my PBEM games, I am detecting enemy fleets that I should not be seeing and my detection levels for my fleets are high on most of my big fleets that are out of range of scouts. The first turns I chalked it up to randomness and subs, but now I am convinced that there is a major issue with DL. Does anyone have a fix to this or any suggestions? Can a game file saved in Beta ever go back to official version or is it a one way upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RE: Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 am
by Pascal_slith
I am also seeing fleets in places I did not expect to 'see'. I would try a few more turns before concluding there is a problem.

RE: Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:38 am
by herwin
ORIGINAL: Pascal

I am also seeing fleets in places I did not expect to 'see'. I would try a few more turns before concluding there is a problem.

There's a ship tracking algorithm that the US Navy uses that works like that. I used to run it manually with the WitPStaff displays.

RE: Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 am
by michaelm75au
There was a bug in q3 that inflated DL of ships flying search/asw/cap.
It was corrected in beta q4 - however, the high DL gained in q3 needs to decrease naturally.

RE: Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:50 pm
by SqzMyLemon
ORIGINAL: michaelm

There was a bug in q3 that inflated DL of ships flying search/asw/cap.
It was corrected in beta q4 - however, the high DL gained in q3 needs to decrease naturally.

We are using the q3 beta. Can it be addressed if we immediately install the latest patch rather than continuing to play and letting it decrease naturally as suggested?

RE: Detection Level Problems with q4 Beta

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:35 pm
by PaxMondo
I think you need to install q4 immediately and then let it deflate. If you stay with q3, it will stay inflated ...