Page 1 of 1
Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm
by Mike13z50
Shouldn't this guy have turned into a tank brigade, not that I'm complaining. You don't see one of these everyday.

RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm
by Stoat
HHQ: Cav Rum Corps?
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:32 pm
by Mehring
Same happened to me a while back, bar the guards status. I noticed when the division suddenly started getting 20+ MP a turn. Turned out to be a run of lucky conversion die rolls and it did turn into a brigade in the end.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:39 pm
by Flaviusx
Very rarely a tank division will be unusually delayed in converting. It does happen.
What's more curious here is the HQs.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:40 pm
by Empire101
114 T/34's and 42 damaged..... the thought of it is enough to make one blanche!!!!![X(]
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:14 pm
by heliodorus04
The HQ issue concerns me greatly, because in my last game vs. Cannonfodder, when 1.05.18 hit, his Soviet planes were using German Luftwaffe commander leadership ratings (I wouldn't have known, but it was confirmed by Helpless). It was bad enough for the air war (pretty much ruined my Leningrad attacks), but if it were to start happening in the ground war, the game would be unplayable until fixed (for me at least).
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm
by PeeDeeAitch
Well, it is in Craiova, west of Bucharest - either against the AI on easy or a comatose opponent that early in 1942? The Romanians have flipped.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:34 pm
by Mike13z50
I just bought the game a couple of weeks ago, my 4th iteration of G.Grigsby Russian campaign. For my first time playing I chose to be soviet gc vs AI on easy mode. After reading the some AAR's I figured I could screw up big time and still pull it out. Of course easy mode is really easy; stopped him short of Leningrad and held the Stalin line. Glad the AI doesn't to the Lvov gambit!
I liberated Romania during the blizzard, and attached 8 CP worth of tanks to the Romanian Cav Corp HQ that popped up; its got a 6 mech skill soviet leader though.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:36 pm
by PeeDeeAitch
I guessed right! See, even a broken record can tell time once in a blue moon of sundays.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm
by Mike13z50
I just hope it doesn't convert to a brigade now! I wonder if it would retain Guards status.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm
by Mike13z50
ORIGINAL: Mehring
Same happened to me a while back, bar the guards status. I noticed when the division suddenly started getting 20+ MP a turn. Turned out to be a run of lucky conversion die rolls and it did turn into a brigade in the end.
That's what I noticed...why does this one have 50 MP? I also picked up a (the?) Romanian panzer division with full movement.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:34 pm
by Helpless
I think engine got "confused" by so early Rumanian conversion. Can you post a thread on the Tech forum with save attached? Thanks.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm
by BletchleyGeek
ORIGINAL: Helpless
I think engine got "confused" by so early Rumanian conversion.
I think that the engine being confused by such an untimely demise of the Axis fortunes is quite reasonable [:)]
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 pm
by Mike13z50
ORIGINAL: Helpless
I think engine got "confused" by so early Rumanian conversion. Can you post a thread on the Tech forum with save attached? Thanks.
Sure,I'll do that when I get home.
RE: Guards Tank DIVISION
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:10 pm
by Mike13z50
I should have kept quite, he converted to a brigade a bit later.
And BTW, just like with Rifle Corps, using two Guards Tank BDE and one regular you can make a Guards Tank Corps.