Page 1 of 1

Why does this happen??

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:31 am
by cknoll
When playing online game, I had a problem: When it came up to my turn after a save game, I could select my units, and evcen right click to face them, but selecting them and then clicking an empty hex didn't move them...Did i hit some key or something to cause that?

-Chris

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:59 am
by chief
cjnoll: If I understand what you wrote correctly.....You made moves, sent your saved turn to opponent...correct?...if thats true then I believe that until you recieve his move you cannot change the 'saved' battlefield, once you save its frozen in time. HTH;) :D :cool:

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:11 am
by cknoll
Nah, me and my opponent decided to skip a turn (just hit end turn) and even the next turn all I could do was select units, change their facing, but even tho they had moves, i couldn't click and move...maybe C&C was on..hmm

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:14 am
by chief
But when you hit END TURN you automatically saved the game, in PBEM, and generated new files (check time and dates of your last file set):cool:

Online game!!

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:33 am
by Major Destruction
Hi Chief,

It was an online game.

We set up the game, played a few turns and got out.
Then went back in and the Player two could not move any units.
Player One could play as normal.
After player one finished the turn, player two could still not do anything.

Later, a new game, we had to get out. On returning, the C&C was set to ON. It had been off before.

A lot of issues with the online game in v7.1
I think the earlier versions were more stable

But one thing is for sure; the player with the faster computer should host.