Page 1 of 1

HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am
by Univeraakh HG7
Does anyone knows how to create new planet types in Distant Worlds...
First step i know how to do: open Photoshop and draw a planet and save it as 256 X 256 PNG file next step ?????[&:][&:]
If some one could help me.... PLEASEEEEEEE[&o]

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 pm
by WoodMan
You can only replace the existing planet graphics, you can't make a new type of planet or add new graphics.  So you need to find the planet graphics in your distant world directory where you installed it and save over them with your new graphic.  Game mehanics for planets can't be changed or added, just replacement graphics.

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm
by tjhkkr
And make sure you copy that whole directory BEFORE you make changes so that you can back out to it, if your graphics cause the game to AbEnd.

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 pm
by Grubwurm
ABEND - you must be in IT and an ol' timer at that

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:20 pm
by ehsumrell1
ORIGINAL: Grubwurm

ABEND - you must be in IT and an ol' timer at that
...and he uses 'The Force' as well... be careful! [:)]

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 pm
by jpwrunyan
Abend
I now have something to look up.

RE: HELP I NEED NEW PLANETS!!

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:06 am
by sanch
ABEND = ABnormal END of run, from the days of punch cards and batch jobs.