Page 1 of 1

omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:20 pm
by freeboy
no kidding.. my pbem oponent suggested to fix some errors we add the newest beta patch...
is there a conscise list of US production changes?
If i have to mnage the US production now tht really really is not working for me fyi[:-]

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:23 pm
by PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: freeboy

is there a conscise list of US production changes?
If i have to mnage the US production now tht really really is not working for me fyi[:-]
????

Beta is only exe changes, no database changes.

No ability to "manage" US production exists that I am aware of.

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:51 pm
by KenchiSulla
Check if you have HI production running.. it is a 30 second job, don't be a baby...[:D]

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:58 pm
by freeboy
excuse me?
There are multiple on off for factories..
so.. being and f'ing baby that i am, please explain to me kind sir what , for instance, in us city p38g upgrade on off means?
 

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:58 pm
by jeffk3510
You can't manage Allied production that I'm aware of mate.

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 pm
by PaxMondo
ORIGINAL: freeboy

excuse me?
There are multiple on off for factories..
so.. being and f'ing baby that i am, please explain to me kind sir what , for instance, in us city p38g upgrade on off means?
THink that's been there for a LONG time. Couple of years?

Anyway, aircraft have upgrade paths. You have the ability to allow a factory to upgrade to the next model in the path or not. Usually, you will want the upgrade. Sometimes you may not. As you are a self admitted baby [;)], just leave them all to upgrade <default>. Play on as you were, there will be no change for you.


RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:26 pm
by Treetop64
ORIGINAL: freeboy

excuse me?
There are multiple on off for factories..
so.. being and f'ing baby that i am, please explain to me kind sir what , for instance, in us city p38g upgrade on off means?

As the kind gentleman PaxMondo has stated, there is merely an on/off switch for model upgrades at Allied aircraft factories. This is not the same as production management, and one would certainly know that if they spent any time at all playing the Japanese side. As long as Heavy Industries have sufficient fuel, Light Industries have sufficient resources, and Refineries have sufficient oil, production is pretty much automatic for the allied player.


RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:39 pm
by Sredni
As an example, in Melbourne there are 35 aircraft assembly plants divided into 4 different selections. 2 (6+12 plants) of which I keep instead of upgrading, the Beaufort VIII production which produce semi useful torpedo bombers and would (if I let them) upgrade to worthless and laughable beaufighters.

Those are the only aircraft assembly plants I actually mess with, though I'm sure others may have differing opinions.

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 pm
by Mac Linehan
Gents -

Aside from the Allied aircraft upgrade and production "on / off" settings, I am under the impression (from posts many moons ago) that it is wise to leave some Allied Heavy Industry (particularly India and China) set to "on"; as this seems to affect certain allied device production or build rates.

I am familiar with the Japanese production system; but usually turn most of the Allied Heavy Industry to "off" in order to conserve fuel - am not certain if the Allied HI supply production is really needed in addition to the Light Industry and Base supply sources; i.e. USA East Coast. Don't know for certain which areas in the Allied domain should be left off; any suggestions are very much appreciated.

And: freeboy - very good to know that you are still around and hard at it - I would expect nothing else. Take Care, Sir!

Mac

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 pm
by crsutton
All upgrades for Allied aircraft are "on" when you start the game and you really should not have any need to turn a factory upgrade off at any time during the game. As far as I have seen there is not an upgraded plane that is not significantly better than its predecessor. So just start your campaign up and do nothing. I am playing scen #2 and as the Allied player have not looked at factories, production, etc., and I am swimming in supply and fuel and getting my aircraft on schedule.

There was a shortage of fuel in OZ in 1942 and I shipped some there but it eventually worked itself out. Otherwise noting at all.

This is not an AFB problem....[;)]

RE: omg?

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 pm
by CaptBeefheart
Sredni: Thanks for that hint. Those torp-laden Beauforts are a lot more useful than the Beaufighters (which are only good as night fighters or day point defence against 2Es as far as I can discern). I'm also going to take a look at P-40s as some of the later ones are no improvement.

The only tweaking I currently do is turn off HI in Oz until I have plenty of fuel there. There's definitely no reason to turn off HI in CONUS and so far I've seen no need to turn it off in India or China.

Cheers,
CC

RE: omg?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:23 am
by Mac Linehan
ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Sredni: Thanks for that hint. Those torp-laden Beauforts are a lot more useful than the Beaufighters (which are only good as night fighters or day point defence against 2Es as far as I can discern). I'm also going to take a look at P-40s as some of the later ones are no improvement.

> CC - will have to look and compare in DBB; will keep this in mind.

The only tweaking I currently do is turn off HI in Oz until I have plenty of fuel there. There's definitely no reason to turn off HI in CONUS and so far I've seen no need to turn it off in India or China.

> My thought is that Hong Kong and Pearl Harbor HI should be shut off to conserve fuel; on the other hand, Hong Kong will eventually fall, why not burn the fuel to create supplies - although it would be competing with Light Industry for resources.

Cheers,
CC

Mac

RE: omg?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:36 am
by USS Henrico
ORIGINAL: Sredni

As an example, in Melbourne there are 35 aircraft assembly plants divided into 4 different selections. 2 (6+12 plants) of which I keep instead of upgrading, the Beaufort VIII production which produce semi useful torpedo bombers and would (if I let them) upgrade to worthless and laughable beaufighters.

Those are the only aircraft assembly plants I actually mess with, though I'm sure others may have differing opinions.

[&:] Beaufighters make excellent strafers. I'd like to have more of them.



RE: omg?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:40 am
by freeboy
Is it just me as an allied commander , but by late 43 I have way more planes and pilots than fronts and base to use them in.. I would trade for a good long range fighter bomber... think 30-40 hex range.. but I dream...Seriously...dont you guys have thousands of planes with no way to use them?
&nbsp;

RE: omg?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:45 am
by KenchiSulla
ORIGINAL: freeboy

Is it just me as an allied commander , but by late 43 I have way more planes and pilots than fronts and base to use them in.. I would trade for a good long range fighter bomber... think 30-40 hex range.. but I dream...Seriously...dont you guys have thousands of planes with no way to use them?

Isn't that a good thing? Playing as the japanese I have many planes in the pool. The older models just get scrapped eventually...

What kind of models are accumulating?