Page 1 of 1

Planet Culture

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:29 pm
by barniface
What is planet culture, And how can you imporove it?
Thanks!

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:51 pm
by Kayoz
Nothing directly. Mostly it's a matter of time and population growth. Securing (or gaining access to) 10 (different) luxuries raises this more quickly than otherwise. Furthermore, access to super-rare (Korrabian spice, Zentabia fluid and Loros fruit) luxuries will allow you to take the planet to 130 culture as opposed to 100 max.

I'm not sure what effect, if any, ruins has on culture - the effect of the "development bonus" has never, to my knowledge, been adequately explained.

note: I think that "culture" is a rough quantification of the planet's development, with 0 being that of a fresh colony and 100 meaning "developed" (though not necessarily max pop). Not entirely sure - perhaps someone else can chime in on it's meaning.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:59 pm
by Malevolence
that is the colony development value... which should be labeled something like "development" in my mind.

development level is produced by a population value and a luxury resource value.

the normal max is 100, but can be pushed up to almost 200 with bonuses.

colony income = total population * development level

Look in the galactopedia under Game Concepts >> Colony Growth for a detailed explanation of the development level.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:01 pm
by Nedrear
100 culture or developement means exactly that. It is independant from population as stated and ruins are a starting bonus, not overall as far as I have seen it. Well imagine you find an abonded city in good condition which people "left" by plaque or exodus. It will not help your planet in the end, but you don't need to build your first city anymore.
 
It definetly helps the rate of population increasement and order.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 am
by Kayoz
ORIGINAL: Malevolence

...the normal max is 100, but can be pushed up to almost 200 with bonuses.

Are you CERTAIN that super-rare luxuries can add up to an extra 100% development?

The figure I've seen in game and on the forums is 30%. This cap of 130% can only be increased further by the ruins found on the AG and Shak HWs - which give a further 50%, for a grand total of 180% - not 200% as you suggest.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:18 am
by Malevolence
Ah, sorry if I'm not keeping up. My fault... here is a screen shot from Legends that demonstrates what is soon to come.
Image

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:21 am
by Malevolence
Among the many bonuses to development, in Legends, there are race specific bonus resources.


RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:31 am
by Kayoz
You are referring to Legends, then - I would assume that the OP was asking about the current version (ie: DW/RotS).

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 am
by Malevolence
ORIGINAL: Kayoz

You are referring to Legends, then - I would assume that the OP was asking about the current version (ie: DW/RotS).

As I said, my fault. The 200 number was off as you indicated.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:04 am
by Kayoz
*facepalm*

My bad - saw the screenshot, skimmed the text.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:40 pm
by ASHBERY76
I like how that screenshot shows orderly borders.I never liked the messy,chaotic border in pre legends versions.

RE: Planet Culture

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:26 pm
by dazoline II
Any negitive hits on culture when you change other races to exterminate when its been set to assiminate previously?