Page 1 of 1
Pbem Saving Error
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:13 pm
by MB00
I believe there is a problem if one saves the game while doing one's PBEM turn. For purposes of RAIL and READINESS, the computer recomputes rail line conversion and i believe readiness.
Has anyone else noticed this?
One can avoid this by NOT saving during creation of the file to be sent to the opponent.
I had completed most of my turn saved it and then had to go out for a couple of hours.
When I came back and opened it the rail had grown IE Riga is now on 8.
I have the same problem with Dave in the game where I am playing the Russians. I thought it was only because we updated from v3.1 half way through the game.
The only way around it is to do my move without saving it, this is not a wory but it will have to wait till tommorrow night . Do you know how to fix this problem? IT may pay to check if you are thinking of saving your move as well.
I will have Move 2 to you tommorrow night
PBEM display ERROR
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:16 pm
by MB00
It would be nice if plotted moves were confirmed by the combat display as it happened...regardless of there being combat or not. Otherwise, one must wait to get back opponents turn to discover if your units obeyed their plotted orders.
If there is no combat, the unit moves or fails to move(Russia in 41?) but the watcher of the side's combat round does not see any confirmation of movement or what happened IF there is no combat.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:33 pm
by Chairman
You cant save sins this reset most of the games functions to a new start. You may bomb alot

use the railway even more BUT you will experience a backside.
The western airpower will bomb you earlier for each turn(time also) you save.
Nice for the Soviet if Germany will be bombed in force during early 42, or?!?
Unless this have been delt with.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:33 pm
by RickyB
The next version, when Arnaud is ready, fixes this problem. I think it is ready to go, but I am not sure when he will release it.
New Version?
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:43 pm
by itsjustme0770
Really? Didn't know we were getting a new version soon. Anyone know what other issues have been addressed?
Re: New Version?
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:44 am
by RickyB
Originally posted by itsjustme0770
Really? Didn't know we were getting a new version soon. Anyone know what other issues have been addressed?
Aircraft and tank costs can now be set to more than 9 with the editor (and the game will work with such values)
Corps whose average readiness is less than 5% can no longer move. If average readiness is less than 20%, the corps can move only one hex. This simulates the gradual immobilization of unsupplied units (as at stalingrad).
To extricate such corps, players should use air supply.
Fixed a bug which prevented divisions from suffering readiness loss when bombarded
Fixed a bug which let players create HQs in enemy territory
Fix: Tons dropped in airfield attack now match the final combat report
Players can now change the type of tanks/TD much more freely in an armor unit (the light/heavy armor distinction is no longer a restriction).
The AI will also replace tanks with new types more realistically.
Units can no longer be rail-transfered to/from a corps located on a damaged rail hex
Axis players can no longer change factory production in Florence
additional bugs?
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:35 pm
by MB00
I have noticed that a Russian HQ in surrounded German occupied land is somewhat useless. Furthermore, it cannot be removed. This could be a serious loss to Russia if several HQ are so surrounded. An HQ removal command could be useful. Otherwise, one must rely upon a "friendly" German opponent to attack the HQ and thus remove it to the rebuilding pile.
I sense, though not documented that one can "special supply" "corps unit A", transfer div from that "corps unit A" to an unmoved-unsupplied "corps unit B"....then special supply the "corps unit B". This sounds like double special supply on selected divisions. Does this sound fair and proper?
IF a new release is coming from Armoud...what are implications for version 3.2 games in progress? Is it advisable to continue the 3.2 to conclusion or transfer to the new addition. Does timing in the game determine this....as well as agreement of the players. Is Armoud issueing guidelines?
Several have hinted that Campaign 41 is flawed in favour of the Germans. Perhaps an option to encourage players to play the scenario is needed. The HELP Soviet command could be limited to only the effect upon German railroad builds(ie. no double infantry production). Perhaps HELP SOVIET could be adjustable or changed during the game rather than FIXED for evermore after the game is started. I have opted for a house rule that the German armour corps are limited to 2 plot hexes for the turns Aug 17, 24, 31. Admittedly, i have yet to play through such a game yet to see the impact(if any).
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:18 pm
by RickyB
There will not be any impact from the new update on current v3.2 games. I don't know when Arnaud will do anything with it, so I wouldn't wait for it too long.
Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:15 pm
by Micha
I think the most important thing in a future update should be the removal of that bug that causes German units with high readiness to shatter so easily in first winter blizzard turns. This is really a big problem.