Page 1 of 2

WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 am
by Cap Mandrake
Hello Gents;

After much effort I am rolling out WITP/AE Assetshare (v1.02)


This will allow WITP/AE players to trade or sell in-game assets ACROSS games. For example, let's say you are playing the Allies in Scenario 1 and you lose all your carriers in late 1942. You can sit and wait for the Essex class or you can do something about it. This software allows you to trade for or purchase a couple of Yorktown-class carriers from another player who has more resources in another game.

To get the ball rolling, I am putting up for sale a number of items:

1) USS Washington (after 10/42 AAA suite upgrade, crew experience 56/65, float planes included).............. $75

2) USS Long Island (with 18 plane VMF F4F squadron)....... $45

3) 90th BS(M) USAAF (B-25C avg crew experience 68).......... $90

All prices US. VISA/MC/DISCOVER. Please feel free to post your goods in the "MARKETPLACE" section*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idi-Amin-Dada/31137364053



* Management atkes a %10 commission on sales

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:54 am
by SuluSea
You are absolutely too much Cap'n......... LOLOLOLOL

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:04 am
by zuluhour
Reminds me of Jake and Elwood in the restaurant. "How much for the little girl?". OH and by the way, that little #$%^ from M&M is clearly responsible for the Tennesse repairing in reverse in my AAR. Alfred said it was how I had it in port; I know that little %$#@ was stealing sh&t to sell in your AAR.[:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:47 am
by Itdepends
What Naval Captain comes with the USS Washington?

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:55 am
by USSAmerica
I'd like to order one of these:

3) 90th BS(M) USAAF (B-25C avg crew experience 68).......... $90

I figure with a 15% cut of their "enterprises" I should be able to keep myself supplied with rum for life.  [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 pm
by jeffk3510
Hahaha! [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:13 pm
by witpqs
[:D]

Hey, wait a minute! Where're your Black Friday specials?

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 pm
by LoBaron
Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution. [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:17 pm
by witpqs
ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution. [:D]

[:D] "Occupy Assetshare"

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:20 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution. [:D]

[:D] "Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long. [:D]


I saw a news story about hardcore Black Friday shoppers a day ago or so, with a picture of a Best Buy store that had tents set up outside. All I could think was, "Occupy Best Buy." [:D]

Next summer, I might have to take my son to "Occupy Blue Ridge Parkway Campground." [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:23 pm
by LoBaron
ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution. [:D]

[:D] "Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long. [:D]


I saw a news story about hardcore Black Friday shoppers a day ago or so, with a picture of a Best Buy store that had tents set up outside. All I could think was, "Occupy Best Buy." [:D]

Next summer, I might have to take my son to "Occupy Blue Ridge Parkway Campground." [:D]

Global economy and its wonders. [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:04 pm
by LST Express
Is there layaway? [;)]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:07 pm
by witpqs
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Now we only need an online chat and spambots for fair and aggressive distribution. [:D]

[:D] "Occupy Assetshare"

That didn't take long. [:D]


I saw a news story about hardcore Black Friday shoppers a day ago or so, with a picture of a Best Buy store that had tents set up outside. All I could think was, "Occupy Best Buy." [:D]

Next summer, I might have to take my son to "Occupy Blue Ridge Parkway Campground." [:D]

It might turn out to be better than a day of watching football. There are reports that many of the Occupy protesters plan to "occupy" publicly held retailers to protest their participation in Wall St. [8|]

My money is on the shoppers. Riot police take orders. Holiday shoppers don't even take prisoners. [:D]

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Hello Gents;

After much effort I am rolling out WITP/AE Assetshare (v1.02)


This will allow WITP/AE players to trade or sell in-game assets ACROSS games. For example, let's say you are playing the Allies in Scenario 1 and you lose all your carriers in late 1942. You can sit and wait for the Essex class or you can do something about it. This software allows you to trade for or purchase a couple of Yorktown-class carriers from another player who has more resources in another game.

To get the ball rolling, I am putting up for sale a number of items:

1) USS Washington (after 10/42 AAA suite upgrade, crew experience 56/65, float planes included).............. $75

2) USS Long Island (with 18 plane VMF F4F squadron)....... $45

3) 90th BS(M) USAAF (B-25C avg crew experience 68).......... $90

All prices US. VISA/MC/DISCOVER. Please feel free to post your goods in the "MARKETPLACE" section*

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Idi-Amin-Dada/31137364053



* Management atkes a %10 commission on sales

Cap'n: For those of us in games as JFBs where we've waxed our enemy's carriers in 1942, can we lay puts against the Essex classes? I'd consider a floating scale on the put spread in order to consider early arrival of these beasts.

Will Captain Ito figure out that there's money to be made in call options on the atomic bomb?

ETA: Short on the Nagasaki port facilities...

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 pm
by Cap Mandrake
Once there is a thriving market on the underlying commodities, it will be only natural to have futures contracts as well. Of course, there would have to be some mechanism to insure that the seller of the futures contract can actually deliver when the time comes.

Let's say you purcahse a call option on two Yorktown class deliverable on or before 12-42 and you have have a disaster trying to land in the Solomons, so you contact the seller but the idiot has also lost his. Now where are you?

Perhaps security insurance? Halsey types would have to pay more.

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:13 pm
by Chickenboy
Credit / asset default swaps...I like it. We'd have to 'ring-fence' the market to avoid subprime risk contagion on the smaller asset classes too.

Look, clearly there can only be certain large sovereign bidders for the Essex classes. But Costa Rica or Lesotho can afford a PB or even a Hermes class, right? At least a deep-in-the-money call option on future delivery of same.

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:33 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Credit / asset default swaps...I like it. We'd have to 'ring-fence' the market to avoid subprime risk contagion on the smaller asset classes too.

Look, clearly there can only be certain large sovereign bidders for the Essex classes. But Costa Rica or Lesotho can afford a PB or even a Hermes class, right? At least a deep-in-the-money call option on future delivery of same.

Well, to tell you the truth, I have never made it to Sceanrio 1 or 2 game where I actually had an Essex class to sell. I imagine an early Essex (mid '43 maybe) might be of some value but once they start rolling off the blocks then everybody and their cousin will have one. A replacement Saratoga with F4F's in late 42...now you are talking some serious cash.

On the issue of Lesotho, we are talking only of the cyber version of the asset, so I suspect even a civil servant from Lesotho could afford something nice. Paypal has software to convert from Lesotho Guineas to US Dollars.

Iranian and North Korean players unfortuantely are out. I don't want any trouble with the State Dept.

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:34 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Itdepends

What Naval Captain comes with the USS Washington?

I'll throw in Adm. Draemel

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Hello Gents;

After much effort I am rolling out WITP/AE Assetshare (v1.02)

Fortunate, since v1.01 was highly borked.

RE: WITP/AE assetshare V 1.02

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:30 pm
by rubisco
Excellent.

Will the software allow trading in individual aircraft? I'd like to get a few extra B24s for a PBEM I'm about to start.

Enough to outfit two or three Sentai would be sufficient.