Page 1 of 1
Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm
by balto
I have been playing for several hours with the new Patch.
I have all of the Research on Manual. This is the second time the AI has built a Research lab without me queing it. I am maxed at research so even if the AI was trying to help, it is not.
I checked all the policies and this never happened pre-patched. Perhaps I am missing something or not checking something that I had checked pre-patch -- but I can assure you that pre-patch, this NEVER happened.
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:21 pm
by balto
It just got more weird. The auto-built research center was for Weapons, but the location had a Energy bonus.
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 pm
by balto
I will stop after this because I think I made my point. But that dag-gone same Weapon Research Lab being built at the site with Energy Bonus happened again (3rd time). I have the Research on Manual and I am also maxed out on Research.
Crap! Not a game breaker, but man!!!
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 pm
by Nedrear
Having research on auto doesn'tm ean "building" is on auto. Research only includes choosing the path in technology.
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:11 pm
by balto
Hi Nedrear.
1) Can you stop the building?
2) Can you make it make sense? For example, put Weapon Research where there is a Weapone bonus, NOT an Energy bonus.
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:01 pm
by 2ndACR
It won't kill you. Can give you fits though. I just let the thing build away. Getting to the point where I am grabbing a new tech every few minutes. My fleets can barely get out of refit before a slew of new techs arrive that are better than what they have.
Now having 7 resort bases with only 4 planets is a little overkill in my opinion. LOL
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:39 am
by Canute0
I can confirm this the AI is building reseach station even on locations with wrong or no Bonus.
I think the AI think there was no Weapon reseach station so far, so it need to build some. But i design my Home-Spaceport as Reseachbase (10 Labs of each) and the Reseach Stations just got min. configurations to get the Bonus from the Location. But i didn't found a location with Weapon reseach boni so far at this way i dont got a Weapon reseach station at this time.
The Ai just look at the count of reseach stations but not at the reseach output itself.
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:15 am
by AlPhi
It gets even worse, while the AI was trying to build an unnecessary Weapons Research base at a Black Hole with just High Tech and Scenery bonuses, the Construction Ship got itself sucked in!
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 am
by Canute0
Nothing new, hat is allways the risk at black holes !!
RE: Auto Building of Research Stations
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:47 pm
by Locarnus
although i didnt experience the "build weapons research at energy site", i also experience the "spam resorts and research centers everywhere".
My workaround so far has been, to have my up to date design for those stations and an additional "crap-design" for each.
So my standard design has eg 20 research labs for weapons, plus shields and whatever,
and my crap-design for weapons has 1 research lab for weapons, and only the minimal other components without shields and other fluff.
So whenever I want a research station, I un-obsolete the standard design and place it manually.
Afterwards I make the standard design obsolete again and un-obsolete the crap-design.
That way, the ai spams only inexpensive crap-designs, saving me lots of maint.