Page 1 of 1

Why can't I build Carriers?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:12 am
by Riptorch
I've got star fighters technology (and even Missile bombers) on the weapons tab AND Component prefabrication in Energy and Construction so I have more than enough size capability (I'm also Ackdarian so even have a bonus in that regard). But all my carrier designs have the warning: "Cannot currently build ships of this type (Carrier)".

The Galactopedia entry for carriers says "To build Carriers you must first research them in the Weapons tech tree." I can't see any other tech needed for this other than space fighters. Am I missing something?

Edit: Ack! Of course the moment after I post this I notice that Tactical Interceptors gives the dedicated Carriers ability. There's nothing more to see here... move along.

Riptorch

RE: Why can't I build Carriers?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:16 am
by 2ndACR
It is there in the energy research site. down at the bottom, IIRC, it is the size 500 tech. I suck at remembering the tech names. As in the tech that allows you to build size 500 ships. I think that is the carrier one.

RE: Why can't I build Carriers?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 am
by Manzikert
2nd ACR is wrong.  Resupply Ship Technology is down in the construction area.  Carrier Ship Technology is with "tactical fighter" or whatever the 3rd fighter tech is.   There is no size limit.

RE: Why can't I build Carriers?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 am
by Howard Mitchell
Thanks, I couldn't find the tech that would allow building cariers either.

Perhaps a note on the design screen would help.

RE: Why can't I build Carriers?

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:26 am
by Okim
A tiny note on ability to build resupply ships (accelerated construction) and carriers (tactical interceptors) is indeed not easy to spot. However there is a small icon of your carrier/resupply ships in the tech near the wonder and fighter - thats how i learned how to build RSs.