Page 1 of 1

Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 pm
by Riptorch
I just recently started a new game and in the first year found an advanced frigate with REALLY high tech weapons and engines. He was single-handedly keeping the 6 (!!!) nearby pirate groups at bay. Then time came that I completed research of torpedoes. When prompted to refit my existing ships I said SURE. I assumed that only the designs that I actually can build would be refitted. I was wrong. The best frigate in the game was first to the starport (due to it's awesome engines and reactors) to be retrofitted back to a boring old non-advanced frigate, losing ALL those very awesome components.

Perhaps the auto-refitting logic should only refit designs that previously contained technologies you can actually build and ignore the ships that have futuristic technologies?

AWAY WITH CONFORMITY!

Riptorch

RE: Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 pm
by Cauldyth
He just wanted to fit in with the rest of the frigates at their holiday frigate parties. [;)]

RE: Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm
by Riptorch
lol.. all of the other frigates wouldn't let him play in their frigate games.. I suppose he didn't play well with the rest of his fleet.. He'd kill all the pirates and take all the glory before the rest of the fleet even warped in.

RE: Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm
by ASHBERY76
This was actaully in the previous versions too.I suppose nobody ever reported it.

RE: Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 pm
by Erik Rutins
I thought this was fixed actually. Will put it back on the list.

RE: Autorefitting destroying advanced tech

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 pm
by Malevolence
They wouldn't let him join in any frigate games?

Frigate, with your engine so bright
Won't you save my fleet tonight?