Page 1 of 1
Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:41 pm
by UdiHrant
Just getting into this beautiful game. Is there any reason I could not play this game with a group of friends via email - I mean more then 2?
Suppose one guy played the Reds and another played the German forces and a third played the Rumanian/Italian or some other logical seperation of armies. Could we pass the email save from person to person as the entered their orders?
This would break the size of the envolvement down to a more managable scale while retaining the grand beauty of the game...
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm
by Blubel
You can do that. You can do your moves, save the game and then send it to the next guy on your team. The last guy gets to push the "end turn" button. I would however recommend to seperate the army groups. The guy playing only the Rumanians wouldn't have to much fun...
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm
by UdiHrant
I thought of that too - like maybe one team member plays Paulus and the 6th Army or whatever. But if we do 'pass the save file around' can each team member get some sort of 'action report' to see everything that happened last week?
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:32 pm
by Tarhunnas
There are a couple of team games going, one is here:
tm.asp?m=2728540
It works fine, and is great fun, but I would say an army group is about the optimum force size for each player.
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:04 pm
by TulliusDetritus
I only can afford one PBEM game (+ a weird game vs Northern Star that we started in june... I am currently waiting for turn 4 [:D]), but I am really thinking about such a game. Still, the ideal thing: 1 player per front + the Stavka clownish boss. It has to be real fun [8D]
RE: Multi Multi PBEM ?
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 pm
by TulliusDetritus
Or at least 1 player for each two fronts: Leningrad-Volkhov; Northwest-Kalinin; Western-Bryansk; Southwest-South.
The Stavka boss might take care of the fight in Crimea, etc.
That makes 5 players. Sloppiness should be encouraged, to see who makes the biggest catastrophic mistake though [:D]